Profiler OS 11.1 Beta Thread (Player Upgrade Options)

• I've got exactly the same problem: level iii upgrade, but in the app (android) it doesn't show the extra effect options anymore, while yesterday this worked fine.

If it could help technical support: I think the last update that I did to my settings, was raising the number of banks from 10 to 20 in the "settings". After that, I think my effect were gone in the app.

The PC app does still show them correctly.

When I load a rig with tier 2 efx in bank 9, everything seems ok on the RM on my desktop.

When I open that same rig in IOS RM, the tier2 efx is removed and replaced by a green scream.

• When I load a rig onto the Player that doesn’t have a cab, I expected to be able to select any cab that’s on the device, instead there only seems to be a short default list of cabs available in the cabsection.

Same for amps.

Both in desktop rm as well as iOS.

Another bug?

• Can anyone confirm that midi in over USB works on 11?

Can’t get it to work on both the toaster as the player, no shugga on either ports.

On the other hand, I have no method to confirm that the midicontroller does what it’s supposed to do over USB. (Over a standard din midi cable the toaster responds)

• When I load a rig onto the Player that doesn’t have a cab, I expected to be able to select any cab that’s on the device, instead there only seems to be a short default list of cabs available in the cabsection.

Same for amps.

Both in desktop rm as well as iOS.

Another bug?

That's normal even on the bigger units. You need first to save the cabs you like from the Rigs they are in. This is to avoid having 100s of cabs in that list with the same name ("4x12 Mars") and indistinguishable from each other

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I think I found what the problem is with the effect slots between the Desk Top Rig Manager and iOS Rig Manger and why its crashing or showing Green Scream in effect slots where it should be something different. The iOS versions are missing the proper effects list, so its not a 1-1 with what we have on the Desk Top, if effect is not available then it loads it as Green Scream and in the iOS if you try to save in that slot it crashes and when it loads with a missing effect it will load as Green Scream. Looks like they forgot to program in the effects in the iOS Rig Manger.

Also, in Desk Top we can open all 125 banks, iOS you can only open 10 banks max

Example:

Desk Top: Booster

- Treble Booster

- Lead Booster

- Pure Booster

- Wah Pedal Booster

iOS version: Booster

- Pure Booster

This is the same for effect types listed below, they all have MISSING effects as listed.

Wah (Low Pass, High Pass, Vowel, Phaser,Flanger,Rate Reducer,Ring Modulator,Freq Shifter, Formant Shifter)

Distortion (Kemper Drive, Mouse, Full OC,Kemper Fuzz, Metal DS)

Booster (Treble, Lead Wah)

Shaper (not even listed anywhere at all)

Equalizer (Studio, Metal, All Wideners)

Compressor (Auto Swell)

Chorus (Hyper, Micro, )

Phaser (Vibe, One Way)

Flanger (Oneway)

Pitch Shifter (Pedal Pitch, Pedal Vinyl Stop,Chromatic, Harmonic)

Delay (Dual, Serial, Rhythm, Quad, )

Pitch Delay ( Completely missing)

Reverb (Natural, Easy, Formant,Cirrus,Ionoshpere, Space)

Edit: I have logged this with support

Edited once, last by drog (September 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM).

• New
    • Official Post

Hey everyone, I had to remove some posts. Let's try to keep emotions out of this discussion. ;)

We already have a thread with many posts about pricing and upgrade details. Please use this thread to share your thoughts instead.

Arek77
    September 27, 2024 at 5:37 PM

Let's use this thread for the more technical aspects. Thanks :)

• I'm thinking about how I should ideally assign footswitches 1, 2 on the player.
    I would like to be able to switch/cycle between three banks

1.1. Clean1.2. SoloXXX
    2.1. Crunch2.2. SoloXXX
    3.1. More Gain3.3. SoloXXX

and switch/cycle in s song between slot 1 and 2 (or more if used)

Stomp 3 I would like to use TAB/Tuner and Expression Pedal is connected and used for morphing to add or reduce reverb/delay or other fx.

So is there a way to cycle with one stomp 1 thru Bank 1,2,3,1… and with stomp 2 between used slots?
    Any idea how I could do this?

• Hey. Guys what kind of switching solutions would you suggest to maximize a Player Level 3. I'm looking at the Morningstar MC6 currently, mainly because it has a screen and it would be really handy.

Any other solutions you can suggest?

I have the Morningstar MC6 Mk II as well as the Ampero Controller. The MC6 is great for its screen. The Ampero is decent: it doesn't have a very functional display (it only indicates the Bank and Pedal you last selected), but is slimmer profile/form factor is better when I'm using my Player for gigs (it takes up way less real estate).

Current Rig: Kittycaster FX Groovy Wizard Fuzz Driver>ClinchFX Pico Pre>L6 HX Stomp>Kemper Profiler Player>Fender FR10

• Can anyone get the ASIO drivers to work? They are not working in Cubase for me at all. It's available for selection at startup but Cubase doesn't accept them and just prompts me to select another driver.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have the Morningstar MC6 Mk II as well as the Ampero Controller. The MC6 is great for its screen. The Ampero is decent: it doesn't have a very functional display (it only indicates the Bank and Pedal you last selected), but is slimmer profile/form factor is better when I'm using my Player for gigs (it takes up way less real estate).

If you were only getting one controller, which of the 2 would you suggest? Really torn between these exact 2 models.

Morningstar is obviously the superior option, but it's big. On the other hand, it may be more versatile if I ever expand to another setup than the Kemper player.

The main benefit of the Ampero is it's size.

Really unsure which of these two is the best option tbh.

• ….twice the price or 1/3 more when upgraded.

This isn’t directed ‘at’ you, Larry. In general- I find it interesting how everyone loves and is so *in* with Kemper…..until they do something we don’t agree with. Suddenly they become evil, with no room.

Isn’t that what happens with every new offering from Apple, Microsoft, ProTools, etc., etc.? I think this will settle out after a while. I love my Rack and Remote, am intrigued by the size of the KPP but don’t need a $1,000 backup at this point. I think Kemper could have used a bit more front end PR in this instance.

• If you were only getting one controller, which of the 2 would you suggest? Really torn between these exact 2 models.

Morningstar is obviously the superior option, but it's big. On the other hand, it may be more versatile if I ever expand to another setup than the Kemper player.

The main benefit of the Ampero is it's size.

Really unsure which of these two is the best option tbh.

I just got the Paint Audio Mini 6. It has really good features for the last official release and the creator just posted in the public forum that he is planning on getting Level III, so I’m excited to see what his updated KPP firmware will bring.