Profiler OS 11.1 Beta Thread (Player Upgrade Options)

• I have a small satellite board with 6 pedals, powered by a Cioks Sol. If I account also the cables I'm close to 2000€.

Yes, I added up the cost of my old board, pedals, power and cables and I came to over £4k. It still wasn't as good/flexible as my PowerHead and it was a lot more hassle to set up/trace ground loop issues/troubleshoot power and cable problems. I still have it in the container but haven't used it since I got my head in 2018.

• Not that im for what they have done or not but what if

- The player came out full to the tilt with everything at the higher price from get go an it was just simply advertised as a small kemp

- Chris never listened to you all saying you want a small option

- That if the option never came out today you wouldnt be complaining about it in the first place as you cant miss what never existed.

- You didnt buy the Player in the first place under the premise you would ever have a upgrade ever.

Would that make things better?

Dont like it? dont buy it

• It was. Otherwise it would have shipped full featured and around $1,000.

It would be more honest. This has always been the company's difference, but it seems that things have changed for the worse. See the comments on YT, IG and other forums. A massive part was repulsed by this decision. Only sponsored people will act like a company's toady.

• It would be more honest. This has always been the company's difference, but it seems that things have changed for the worse. See the comments on YT, IG and other forums. A massive part was repulsed by this decision. Only sponsored people will act like a company's toady.

People get butthurt over the stupidest things…..and make silly accusations when someone doesn’t agree.

• It seems to me that the Player was purposely nerfed. Had 3 Stage, for the first time I feel embarrassed and fooled by a company that have always recommended to friends.

Not really sure why? The company was pretty clear from the start that hardware-wise it is similar to Stage, because it was cheaper for them to deal with one OS / CPU / DSP than supporting multiple platforms (Kemper is rather small company). People demanded Player like device for many, many years, and the company answered: offered entry level device with some basic features. Then many people were disappointed that it didn't do this and that (including me - without effects and morphing it was a clear no, no), but the form factor of Player is extremely attractive to many. So Kemper provided additional functionality in form of paid updates. Happy with entry level model? Get it for cheap. Need more - pay a bit more. Want to bring functionality closer to big brothers? - expect price to be closer to big brothers. Win-win for everyone from my point of view.

In fact I think exactly the opposite - I would love to see this tiered model applied to Stage / Toaster as well. For example I never use profiling feature, beat-scanner, looper or more than 4 effect slots. Would love to be able to buy Stage or Toaster without those features for $200 - $300 less.

• It would be more honest. This has always been the company's difference, but it seems that things have changed for the worse. See the comments on YT, IG and other forums. A massive part was repulsed by this decision. Only sponsored people will act like a company's toady.

I find that I enjoy life much more when I pay attention to to own ears and fingers more than the feelings of random people on YT, IG and all the other boob tubes of the day. In the end its either of value to you or not. Spend your time, energy and money on what is. Now that's some meaning of life shit right there.

• Yes, I added up the cost of my old board, pedals, power and cables and I came to over £4k. It still wasn't as good/flexible as my PowerHead and it was a lot more hassle to set up/trace ground loop issues/troubleshoot power and cable problems. I still have it in the container but haven't used it since I got my head in 2018.

Indeed. While I've been using mine more and more... we don't notice how SO much more expensive pedalboards are because the things on it are being purchased individually. Sure this paid upgrade business model isn't cool, but put it in perspective and put your emotions aside: at the end of the day it's like the price of one or 2 pedals to basically turns your device into the next tier up. People have been whining for years on endless threads online about how they just want a small portable Kemper with everything but the profiling and now that it's out for like a grand and a half, the outrage is hard to understand. I think it triggers some psychological aversion we have about paying for software vs paying for hardware (sales of boutique pedals aren't slowing down). Still not for me thought, I need the footswitches!