Posts by Ruefus

Clean sense allows you to set the profiler so when you turn the gain up, you can tell the profile volume to go up, down or stay the same volume. Same for turning down the gain, you can make it raise, lower or stay the same throughout the gain range. (As I have wrote on here a million times, the Kemper video of this explains it perfect) So how does the new clean compensation differ from that? From what I have read in the handbook, it seems to do the same thing (allow you to adjust the way volume responds to gain changes) So what is different about the two?

So they solve two different issues. One is about how the rig is constructed, the other about dealing with how a rig reacts to different guitars.

Clean Compensation
    When Clean Compensation is set to maximum, the natural loss of volume of the amp PROFILE is compensated as the amp gain is dialed towards clean sounds. Amp volume is simply increased with decreasing gain settings, without further coloration of the sound. This reduces the need to re-level clean sounds for live performances. Most PROFILEs have Clean Compensation set to maximum.

By reducing Clean Compensation, you can lower the compensation to zero to achieve a natural gain behavior. This is recommended when using a distortion effect in front of an amp, and you’re aiming for that classic boost effect when engaging the distortion.

- from the manual

So what do you think a public BETA is?
    On one hand, Kemper says not to use it in productive environments or production.
    You say you're not a tester, and not interested in testing.
    So what do you do with it?
    In my humble opinion, I would never ever use a BETA on stage, in rehearsals, or in the studio.
    I don't have the time to flick around and hope I don't run into a bug.

I'd like to know what I'm dealing with, and where bugs are still hidden.

What a public beta is ‘supposed’ to be and how they’re actually viewed and used by the larger public have little in common.

Most people don’t treat public Betas of anything as little more than a chance to get the latest and greatest…..with a twinge of risk. Most never report issues.

If you’re earning all or part of your living with it….running betas is asking for trouble.

That’s common sense and irresponsible to do otherwise.

The absolute fastest and easiest way to get what you want is to switch to performance mode, then (on the unit):

Go to any empty performance. Slot 1 is always enabled. When empty, it defaults to the Crunch profile. It only contains an amp and cab an is the file you're looking for.

Press save -> Soft button 4 at the right will say Export To Pool. Maybe its 'save to pool'.

Regardless - press that and when you switch back to browse mode it'll be available on your Profiler.

If you need to include the delay then a DI box might be useful to convert to an XLR output.

TBH I would try it with the delay in the front first. also not sure why people stick with pedals, the KPA will do 90% of what a pedal can do with a thousand times more additional options....

With the Player's limited choices compared to the full-size units, I can see the desire to use outboard gear. From a delay perspective, it's only got single, two-tap and legacy types available. No Kemper Drive or Fuzz, etc.

If you're living in the States, there is only one IcePower dealer: Parts Express in Ohio.

IcePower is also what Seymour Duncan uses in their PowerStage amps:

• 50ASX2BTL - PS170
    • 200ASC - PS200 (I used this to turn my unpowered head into one with power)
    • 700AS1 - PS700 (I *think*...not 100% on this one)

Rolling your own is *dirt* cheap in comparison. It's also more fun if you're at all into the DIY thing.

I understand, but that 5 amps is cumulative.

However unlikely, it is possible the total draw of your board is too much. At 9 volts, the unit can draw as much as 2.6 amps by itself.

If the KPP functions normally - or is more reliable- with the stock power supply, that’s a fair indication the unit is being starved by the Gigrig.

Just trying to eliminate possible failure points to identify the main cause.