KPP restarts to red LEDs

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

For the past months my KPP been restarting itself to some RED LEDs It happened while performing live and twice this week this while I'm recording an album with the band i play with . I am on the latest beta . It did happen on the latest official firmware which motivated me to go with latest the beta . Any suggestion ? is that a known issue . BTW usually when it happens i have to restart to get it out of that state . If i remember , it's 6 RED LEDs . I'm sure it means something , but i have no way of knowing what . I am using a 5 Amps reputable power supply .

• what power-supply are you using?

I have experienced this when the power-supply gets momentarily interrupted (possibly knocked or wiggled)

Can you check the mains supply feeding this as well as the physical security of the DC plug in the back of the player?

Has it had a nasty knock or something dropped on it?

The entire board is powered by Gigrig generator , no other pedal restarts when that happens

• I understand, but that 5 amps is cumulative.

However unlikely, it is possible the total draw of your board is too much. At 9 volts, the unit can draw as much as 2.6 amps by itself.

If the KPP functions normally - or is more reliable- with the stock power supply, that’s a fair indication the unit is being starved by the Gigrig.

Just trying to eliminate possible failure points to identify the main cause.

• I understand, but that 5 amps is cumulative.

However unlikely, it is possible the total draw of your board is too much. At 9 volts, the unit can draw as much as 2.6 amps by itself.

If the KPP functions normally - or is more reliable- with the stock power supply, that’s a fair indication the unit is being starved by the Gigrig.

Just trying to eliminate possible failure points to identify the main cause.

i totally understand i appreciate it . The other pedals i have in my setup are :

1. cali 76 draws >> 100 ma

2. archer jeff mod >> 26 ma

3 analogman kot >> 10 ma

4. mythos argonaut >> 10 ma

5. corona chorus >> 75 ma

keeley halo >> 160 ma

pbc/6x >> 220 ma

eventide h9 >> 375 ma

That's a total of 976 ma

so technically i SHOULD be fine

BTW i am referring to this power supply:

Power Base Pack 1
    Want to Kick off your modular power supply kit or set up a small board?  The Base Pack 1 is a great place to start! It provides the heart of our modular power…
    shop.thegigrig.com
  • Nice board. Mine had (actually still has but it's in a container and hasn't been plugged in for 4 years) a Mastermind PBC10 as well as various highn current pedals which needed adapters. The gigrig power system is nice but all the distributers/isolators/adpters soon added up to a seriously expensive system which took up a huge amount of space under my board.

Is the KPA connected to the Distributor or one of the isolators? Isolators only provide 100ma on each output.

• Nice board. Mine had (actually still has but it's in a container and hasn't been plugged in for 4 years) a Mastermind PBC10 as well as various highn current pedals which needed adapters. The gigrig power system is nice but all the distributers/isolators/adpters soon added up to a seriously expensive system which took up a huge amount of space under my board.

Is the KPA connected to the Distributor or one of the isolators? Isolators only provide 100ma on each output.

the kkp has to be the first connected to the distributor

• Maybe this hint can help you.

Your power consumption in ampere is correct, but in the first moment when you switch on everything the electric current can be a lot of higher.

So what happen if you disconnect for example h9 and the master mind. After the Kemper is successful booted, than connect h9 and mastermind with power.

• Maybe this hint can help you.

Your power consumption in ampere is correct, but in the first moment when you switch on everything the electric current can be a lot of higher.

So what happen if you disconnect for example h9 and the master mind. After the Kemper is successful booted, than connect h9 and mastermind with power.

Well , it never restart when i first power the board plus gigrig still have over 1A in total power consumption available . The thing is that , i can play a full gig or even an entire weekend ( 3 gigs ) 3 to 4 hours each and the kpp never restarts . So it's not too big of a deal at the moment . if that would happen more often i will change the power system i have a cioks dc7 for my quad cortex setup that i barely use the whole board so.. i'm ok for now . thank you