Player Upgrade - goes with machine or linked to Kemper account?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hey,

Anyone know if the Player upgrades are linked to the individual unit - and thus transfer when selling? Or, is it linked to your kemper account and would be able to be applied to another Player should you buy another one in the future?

• It’s not greedy at all. You’d increase the value of both units equally while paying once?

Nah.

That’s like buying a copy of Windows OS for one machine and getting upset when it won’t work on a second.

If the upgrade were tied to the user account - then yeah. Tied to the unit? Pay-per-license?

That’s not greedy - it’s how pretty much *everyone* does it.

• People have been spoiled with all the free upgrades that they think the upgrades that add the same functionality of the more expensive units should also be free.

I'm not ashamed to say I'm astonished. The amount of power in that *tiny* little box? My Head/Remote setup is great. but it's heavy, bulky and a general pain to move.

I intend to get a Player and make sure my workflow/setup can translate without too much compromise/tap dancing. I've already got a small MIDI footswitch/pedal looper. Then I'll most likely sell my head/remote.

I mean...My God how small.

• I'm not ashamed to say I'm astonished. The amount of power in that *tiny* little box? My Head/Remote setup is great. but it's heavy, bulky and a general pain to move.

I intend to get a Player and make sure my workflow/setup can translate without too much compromise/tap dancing. I've already got a small MIDI footswitch/pedal looper. Then I'll most likely sell my head/remote.

I mean...My God how small.

I was shocked (no idea why) that when I compared my Rack to the player....they sounded the same! I guess I did not expect it to have the same glorious huge sound from one so small...it is surely magical!

Its definitely a compromise with the switching so I bought a paint audio midi captain which solves (for me) 80% of the problem. I will keep mine purely as a backup...

• Per Kemper support, the upgrades are NOT linked to your Kemper account. They are linked to each unit somehow.

So unfortunately in my case, I have two Players, so I need to purchase twice, which I think is pretty greedy.

Yes, I have akai mpc live. When I buy the plug-in of akai mpc, it allows me to use it on three different machines.

• I was shocked (no idea why) that when I compared my Rack to the player....they sounded the same! I guess I did not expect it to have the same glorious huge sound from one so small

Yep! The nice thing is that Player keeps all the settings, including those it can't edit (like for the Amplifier section)

Its definitely a compromise with the switching

New KAOS has added the awaited (and missing) footswitches performance :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• New
    • Official Post

What happens if you need to replace your player unit ( loss/damaged/stolen)

Could we get some kind of replacement license?

Loss = no
    Stolen = no

Those are insurance cases. That means, if there is a proof etc we probably can work something out. But that depends on the case. Be asured that we will make it as easy as possible for you. "I've replaced my unit and bought a new one. Can I have a free license for the new unit, please" might be a challenge ;)

Damaged -> Send it in, and we will repair it (the license will stay on it or get transferred to a replacement unit)

• Loss = no
    Stolen = no

Those are insurance cases. That means, if there is a proof etc we probably can work something out. But that depends on the case. Be asured that we will make it as easy as possible for you. "I've replaced my unit and bought a new one. Can I have a free license for the new unit, please" might be a challenge ;)

Damaged -> Send it in, and we will repair it (the license will stay on it or get transferred to a replacement unit)

Seems like a pragmatic and fair approach.