Profiler OS 11.1 Beta Thread (Player Upgrade Options)

• I'm a Kemper user since 2015.

First got the toaster, then also a stage.

For me, Kemper was a company of stability.

Means you buy a device and you know what you have. And futural updates bring additional benefit for free.

Now Kemper isn't such a company any longer for me.

No trusting anymore. Maybe futural updates even for the stage will cost money. Who knows.

I guess a lot of people lost their trust in Kemper.

• I disagree, this now put the Player on the same level as the rest of the lineup if you want. So you are guaranteed compatibility top to bottom with updates and no longer limited.
    It’s now a choice if you want yo use your own pedals and stay at a lower price.

This upgrade works for me as I also own the Rack and now it’s compatible completely with my Rigs. That’s important to me.

• Am I living on planet kookoo? Read my earlier post. You bought a unit as it was. You feel robbed becasue they offer you a hardware upgade to make it a full fledged big brother unit in a small package. You feel robbed as compared to tuesday this week? Guess what, your unit is still the same as tuesdays unit if you do not like the thursday unit then that ok. Dont upgrade. Its a real show of people brain inners this is. An to make it even better its now been resurfaced that ck did say there would be chargable upgrades. Its almost funny this. Go buy a stage. How are you a hostage? Pretend you never heard about the upgrade

Keep cool man,; peace and love :*

I said the opposite ; i heard quickly that paid upgrades will come and this announcement made me buy the Player. They should not talk about it, in fact....

But when i see conditions to sign :/:thumbdown:

I just deliver my feelings here, i've got nothing against anybody there....

The less we can say is that this decision causes a lot of ink to flow and is divisive, even here...

What? So you bought this device not because it already answered your needs but because potentially, maybe, probably in the future, most likely it could answer your needs if theoretically, potentially, in some future, most likely, probably Kemper decided to give full upgrade away for cheap or better for free? Looks like you jumped the gun a bit with your purchase and feel disappointed (which I understand and sympathize - I have my fair share of past purchases which fall into this category as well - I guess everyone has :) ) - but, I would argue, this is not really Kemper's fault.

You are asked to pay 40% for taking Player to Stage-level software-wise - which is hell-lot of new functionality that original player never had and probably will never have at Level I.

That's exactly it !!!

I've anticipated the futur upgrades because they were anounced (you used a lot of probaility but this fact was sure) and i knew that sooner or later i could transfer my rigs from my BIG unit to the baby.

And, you are right, this is entirely my own fault.

I should not have trust in one company i love(d) and has brought me a lot of pleasure and satisfaction during years.

I should have been carefull cause love makes you blind and you become stupid.... I should have not thought about/considered what other companies offer to their loyal customers too.

One more time, i don't automatically want free upgrades but 100-150€ would be a fair compromise imo....

PS : piotrmaj Thanks for your non-agressive message even if i understand we are not on the same line :thumbup:;)

• ….twice the price or 1/3 more when upgraded.

This isn’t directed ‘at’ you, Larry. In general- I find it interesting how everyone loves and is so *in* with Kemper…..until they do something we don’t agree with. Suddenly they become evil, with no room.

No big deal, brother. But I do understand everyone's angst about it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Updated to lvl 3

Seems ok in the Mac RM, but on IOS it’s a total mess….

- efx that should go with the upgrade don’t show up (while I can use 8 slots)

- I can’t select banks > 10

- cabs and amps that are in banks >10, don’t show up as options to select in banks < 10

• There seems to be confusion on the Official Facebook page that all updates upgrades are going to be paid for in the future. If this isn't the case, Also there's a confusion as to what happens to the upgrade if one loses or breaks their Player and buys a new one. Would the upgrade transfer or not. etc etc

I think it might be beneficial for Kemper to release a statement saying that this only pertains to the Player and not the rest of the line up. That might let out some air from this... IMO

• There seems to be confusion on the Official Facebook page that all updates upgrades are going to be paid for in the future. If this isn't the case, Also there's a confusion as to what happens to the upgrade if one loses or breaks their Player and buys a new one. Would the upgrade transfer or not. etc etc

I think it might be beneficial for Kemper to release a statement saying that this only pertains to the Player and not the rest of the line up. That might let out some air from this... IMO

The Facebook crowd have always been a little slow to pick up on things in my experience, I don’t visit theses days but my past knee jerk response was to recommend this forum.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I've anticipated the futur upgrades because they were anounced (you used a lot of probaility but this fact was sure) and i knew that sooner or later i could transfer my rigs from my BIG unit to the baby.

That's all true, I also learned about paid updated early on but they didn't tell anything about pricing, so I waited it out a bit (which was much easier for me because I already have Stage and Toaster). Price doesn't work for you but it doesn't make the whole Level-X model bad, or company evil, IMHO. I hope you'll find good solution for your needs!

For me it meets all expectations. I found my old post from December last year: RE: PLAYER - what were they thinking? - and as much as I usually suck at any predictions this time I feel like f* Nostradamus. :)

PS : piotrmaj Thanks for your non-agressive message even if i understand we are not on the same line :thumbup:;)

After all - it is just a piece of gear - no need for any aggression.
    Cheers!

• Wow really man? well to my understanding future updates will be free so enjoy the new effects when they drop😀

They did what they did with the player to give people choices.

The player was released to offer a piece of equipment that has been asked for from almost the beginning.

A simple player no profiling.

But why stop there? some of those people may want more as offered in level 2 3 or both and they have the choice to upgrade or not, nobody’s saying you have to.

Now in simple terms R&D costs have to be recovered for the Kemper to move on and intellectual property is a major investment.

But now someone wants in on the action with a less expensive option and reap the benefits of the significanty more expensive big brothers and early adopters, if this is not self entitlement I don’t know what it means.

I was too initially a little bit sticker shocked by the upgrade prices but remember Kemper is not Mooer or Nux, Kemper they innovate, they pay liveable wagers and offer professional grade devices made in a country that has one of the best reputations in the world for hi end manufacturing.

And just to add Kemper did not cripple the player by having the code for the upgrades pre-installed, they’re not evil just smart.

They are requiring you to pay for the software that you have NOT PURCHASED.

May be if they made a rom card that you buy just to have a tangible product you would feel better?, that’s how they used to do it in years gone by, or maybe a dongle and you download the software and then transferred to the player?.

How dare Kemper offer a elegant solution to the upgrade while maintaining security and protecting their property, outrageous!.

I know you have already a big brother in 2015, me too in 2012 and some have moaned that they should get a discount or whatever, but the reality is considerable cost has gone into the development of software and people can’t seem to get around the fact that it’s not tangible but still a product with costs and value. I’m aware some software developers give a licence for multiple Pc’s but it’s rare and it’s down to marketing.

Say you have a iMac and a MacBook, are Apple going to let you pay once for logic and use it on two machines, no dice, Your business administrator software producer and you sell the license for one machine for $400. Are they going to sell a larger business with 10 machines for $400, not a chance in hell, it would be committed to going out of business.

I apologise if my rant seemed directed just to you it’s more that I took the opportunity to vent on the guitar community just insane comments on the webs, funny that a lot use the word “insane” was used a lot by the doomsday militia.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

Edited once, last by Delinquent (September 29, 2024 at 4:04 AM).