what's next

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

It has been since juni for the latest firmware, no new liquid amps, no paid upgrades for the player ?

Are they cooking something else ?

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• At NAMM they announced several new effects. As I understand it, those won't be released until they unify the Player's OS with the other units. That way only one KAOS file is needed to update any Profiler.

As for when?

The Magic 8 Ball is about as reliable as you'll get.

• At NAMM they announced several new effects. As I understand it, those won't be released until they unify the Player's OS with the other units. That way only one KAOS file is needed to update any Profiler.

As for when?

The Magic 8 Ball is about as reliable as you'll get.

The current Beta FW 11.0 is unified.

• ….and it’s still a beta. Not everyone is willing to take the chance.

Figure that elevates to a general release, then they’ll beta the new effects, and upgrade that.

So….three updates assuming all goes well.

Did something happen over there? They seem to be silent. Has the player been a flop? It is of no use to me, I like, and need the full function of my Kemper. I have had my rack since 2019; this is the least interactive they have been since. still sitting on a beta release since June after saying new stuff was about to come out at Namm.

• Did something happen over there? They seem to be silent. Has the player been a flop? It is of no use to me, I like, and need the full function of my Kemper. I have had my rack since 2019; this is the least interactive they have been since. still sitting on a beta release since June after saying new stuff was about to come out at Namm.

No. The Player has not been a flop. Even if it were (or is) - Kemper is committed to it.

As for NAMM - It was ToneJunkie who said ‘weeks, not months’ and CK being placed on the spot kind of agreed. The effects are done (pretty much what he said)….but clearly not the OS update. No one at Kemper ever gave an official answer regarding timing.

When RM was first shown, it was nearly a year before it was available.

Best guess is the effects are expected when the unified KAOS is out of beta. Figure a general release for the new KAOS, then a second update for the effects.

This is why developers despise setting anything but the most general of expectations. People start holding them responsible with no idea of what’s actually going on.

• This is why developers despise setting anything but the most general of expectations. People start holding them responsible with no idea of what’s actually going on.

This has been the pattern here....any mention of dates and then people get over excited as its seen as a commitment. By doing this, it only reinforces why they stay tight lipped...I don;t blame them :)

• This has been the pattern here....any mention of dates and then people get over excited as its seen as a commitment. By doing this, it only reinforces why they stay tight lipped...I don;t blame them :)

I think I’ve had my toaster for 10 years now and the communication regarding updates has differed a little back and forth in that time. They either say nothing, take ages then drop something decent. Or they show something at a show, take ages then drop something decent. If they do the first, they’re being slow and secretive. If they do the other we have folks saying ‘where is it, it’s late?’.

Easier for me due to having seen it both ways and knowing that, whatever, the upgrades are always better than expected when they finally happen so it’s all good. I have been looking forward to a better tremolo for a loooooong time (it’s one of the first things I noticed was a step down from my strymon flint way back when). But since that time, my toaster has now got delays, reverbs, fuzz, overdrives that I am really happy with for free. Although I’d like it if they dropped tomorrow, I’m ok with it taking time as I have confidence my excited anticipation will be justified. This has been a ten year thing for me so a little longer really isn’t an issue.

• I think I’ve had my toaster for 10 years now and the communication regarding updates has differed a little back and forth in that time. They either say nothing, take ages then drop something decent. Or they show something at a show, take ages then drop something decent. If they do the first, they’re being slow and secretive. If they do the other we have folks saying ‘where is it, it’s late?’.

Easier for me due to having seen it both ways and knowing that, whatever, the upgrades are always better than expected when they finally happen so it’s all good. I have been looking forward to a better tremolo for a loooooong time (it’s one of the first things I noticed was a step down from my strymon flint way back when). But since that time, my toaster has now got delays, reverbs, fuzz, overdrives that I am really happy with for free. Although I’d like it if they dropped tomorrow, I’m ok with it taking time as I have confidence my excited anticipation will be justified. This has been a ten year thing for me so a little longer really isn’t an issue.

Kemper is a victim of its own success...we know any change will be good, people just can;t wait ( which I get...its like waiting for Christmas) :)