Anyone using a Voodoo Lab Hex with Kemper stage?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello, searched around and haven't found much info on how to set the midi with the Voodoo Lab hex. I’m able to program loop changes (on/off) using midi but it seems to hold on to the last saved setting for all slots. Example: slot 1 I set loop 2 on. I held both #1 & #6, lights flashed and I was able to recall that when I selected slot 1. I tried to program a different combination with slot 2. Selected 3 & 4 and held down #1 & #6 again, lights flashed so I thought it was good. I can select either slot 1 or 2 and it selects the correct loops but all the other slots retain the last setting I programmed. I know I’m doing something wrong just not sure what. I can't imagine that I would have to turn off the loops and save that setting to EVERY profile I have on my Kemper. That would be way too time consuming. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• I don't know a ton about it, but I'd assume that either the Hex has a particular PC numbers that coorespond to the various combinations of certain loops being on and off, or you program it to leave certain loops on and others off when it receives a certain PC number. I'd guess the later.

But every Rig in every performance mode has it's own independent PC messages it can send. (It can send two of them, so that it could control two different devices.) So any time you create a new Rig, you'll need to tell it to send a specific PC message to the Hex when selected. Otherwise, whatever loops were last open or closed on the Hex will be unaffected by switching to that new Rig. So if in your new Rig you want all the loops in the Hex to be off, you need to program that Rig to send the PC message that cooresponds to all the loops being off in the Hex.

• I don't know a ton about it, but I'd assume that either the Hex has a particular PC numbers that coorespond to the various combinations of certain loops being on and off, or you program it to leave certain loops on and others off when it receives a certain PC number. I'd guess the later.

But every Rig in every performance mode has it's own independent PC messages it can send. (It can send two of them, so that it could control two different devices.) So any time you create a new Rig, you'll need to tell it to send a specific PC message to the Hex when selected. Otherwise, whatever loops were last open or closed on the Hex will be unaffected by switching to that new Rig. So if in your new Rig you want all the loops in the Hex to be off, you need to program that Rig to send the PC message that cooresponds to all the loops being off in the Hex.

Kinda what I was afraid of. That means I’ll need to modify all the rigs.

• Listen, this is what you need to do.

Assuming you are in Performance mode. Which you should be for this operation.

Also, assuming you have a rig loaded into Slot 1

First send MIDI CC 47 with the value one number less then the Performance you are trying to access. For example you are trying to select Performance 21, send CC47 value 20.

Then right after you send that, send CC50 with a value of any value not 0, so send 127 or 100 or whatever.

If you want slot 2 use CC51 to send a value other than 1.

Slot 3 use CC52

Slot 4 use CC53

Slot 5 use CC54

OR

If you are trying to send Program Change(PC) messages remember a PC selects a performance and a slot, the next PC selects the same Performance with the next slot. But the numbering is weird. ie PC10 selects Performance 3 Slot 1, PC11 selects Performance 3 Slot 2, etc. If you don't have a rig in every slot, incrementing the PC value will not do anything until it gets to the next Performance and Slot 1, in this case PC15 selects Performance 4.