Small cabinets with the powered head. 8-10 inch sound

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I'm after a more low quality sound for studio purposes.

With the Kemper Kone everything sounds too good even if you profile small dirty speakers.

Is there a way or anything on the market to get the Kemper through an 8 inch or 10 inch speaker?

I asked Kemper support and they said "start a thread"

Cheers

• Is there a way or anything on the market to get the Kemper through an 8 inch or 10 inch speaker?

10" speakers are quite common for guitar actually - Fender Bassman for example

often, it's not so much the lack of bass that makes a speaker sound lofi, but the absence of the high frequency roll-off at around 5k we are so used to in guitar speakers (in a way, this is what makes it a guitar speaker)

these could be fun (I haven't tried them): https://www.hippieloveturbo.com/2021/01/small-speaker-ir-pack.html

• I have a recording studio.

This isn't really what I'm trying to get answers for but thanks for the response

Are you actually recording the output from the Kone with a mic in the studio? The Kone is a dual concentric speaker which will result in phase alignment issues if miced.

As Kellerblues pointed out the Fx loops after the cab block is stereo so you can run stereo pedals with just one Rack or Head and run stereo speakers using a power amp and any cabinet you want; including 8” and 10” cabinets.

However,for studio use in a recording situation Inwould find some IR of the small speakers you like (or make your own profiles) and simply use these with any rig you want. Then record result using the main outs direct to your DAW. If you need a feedback generator use the Kone pr something else from the monitor out (it only needs to mono) aimed at the guitar with just enough level to excite a feedback loop. This can be any speaker you want as it won’t be getting recorded anyway.

• Are you actually recording the output from the Kone with a mic in the studio? The Kone is a dual concentric speaker which will result in phase alignment issues if miced.

As Kellerblues pointed out the Fx loops after the cab block is stereo so you can run stereo pedals with just one Rack or Head and run stereo speakers using a power amp and any cabinet you want; including 8” and 10” cabinets.

However,for studio use in a recording situation Inwould find some IR of the small speakers you like (or make your own profiles) and simply use these with any rig you want. Then record result using the main outs direct to your DAW. If you need a feedback generator use the Kone pr something else from the monitor out (it only needs to mono) aimed at the guitar with just enough level to excite a feedback loop. This can be any speaker you want as it won’t be getting recorded anyway.

Which power amp?

I can get cheap 8 - 10 inch speakers but I don't want to spend a shit load of money on power amps.

• There are a number of guitar pedal sized class D power amps from Seymour Duncan and many others available now that do a great job of powering a cabinet for around $150-300 US if you just want power (e.g., no tube amp coloration).

• I take it that no one is reading the question.

The powered head is 600w at 8ohm and 300w at 16ohm

I want to be able to use 8 inch and 10 inch speaker from the powered head

Not to sound rude, but it’s more likely that you haven’t explained your issue correctly/in a way that people understand than that they aren’t reading it.

You first asked in the OP “Is there a way or anything on the market to get the Kemper through an 8 inch or 10 inch speaker?” without explaining that you were using a powered head. Then, when I mentioned that you could run a a separate power amp into any speaker cab you wanted, you asked for recommendations, so I provided one.

Let’s start over.

You have a powered head (or two for stereo) and you want to run it/them into a speaker cabinet(s) with 8” or 10” speakers, is that correct? If so, why don’t you buy a cabinet (or two) with 8” or 10” speakers and plug the Kemper(s) directly into the cabinet(s)?

Are you asking for cabinet recommendations? If so, where are you located?

• Not to sound rude, but it’s more likely that you haven’t explained your issue correctly/in a way that people understand than that they aren’t reading it.

You first asked in the OP “Is there a way or anything on the market to get the Kemper through an 8 inch or 10 inch speaker?” without explaining that you were using a powered head. Then, when I mentioned that you could run a a separate power amp into any speaker cab you wanted, you asked for recommendations, so I provided one.

Let’s start over.

You have a powered head (or two for stereo) and you want to run it/them into a speaker cabinet(s) with 8” or 10” speakers, is that correct? If so, why don’t you buy a cabinet (or two) with 8” or 10” speakers and plug the Kemper(s) directly into the cabinet(s)?

Are you asking for cabinet recommendations? If so, where are you located?

Yes. I apologise for the mis understanding.

If I plug the powered Kemper into say an orange 8 inch it'll blow the speaker. This is why I contacted Kemper and they said start a post.

I'm after something that won't blow up the cabinets

• Yes. I apologise for the mis understanding.

If I plug the powered Kemper into say an orange 8 inch it'll blow the speaker. This is why I contacted Kemper and they said start a post.

I'm after something that won't blow up the cabinets

Only if you turn it up way too loud. 600w is the MAXIMUM the power amp can provide not the amount it pushes all the time. It like driving a Ferrari. It can hit speeds of 200mph but it can also drive safely in a 20mph school zone. As long as the driver is responsible and doesn’t press the accelerator harder than necessary.

With respect to the alternative power amp question. As I pointed out previously, you can do what you want with a two power heads or single power head plus a separate mono power amp to drive the second side of the stereo mix. Any little pedal board size class Dbpower amp will be fine for this purpose so you don’t need to spend a lot of money.