Posts by DonPetersen

Clean Compensation
    When Clean Compensation is set to maximum, the natural loss of volume of the amp PROFILE is compensated as the amp gain is dialed towards clean sounds. Amp volume is simply increased with decreasing gain settings, without further coloration of the sound. This reduces the need to re-level clean sounds for live performances. Most PROFILEs have Clean Compensation set to maximum.

By reducing Clean Compensation, you can lower the compensation to zero to achieve a natural gain behavior. This is recommended when using a distortion effect in front of an amp, and you’re aiming for that classic boost effect when engaging the distortion.

- from the manual

Yeah - I broke an expensive wound string on another instrument (not guitar) due to accidentally knocking the reference pitch up to 443 or something. This was years ago so not evidence of a bug in the latest beta or anything.

intact strings can easily be tuned a fourth of fifth higher than their 'standard' pitch -> see different string gauges
    in the case of 440 to 443 we're talking 11.7 cents (!)

I think the quad reverb is all tubes, so who knows, maybe some good will come from this experiment. Nirvana in utero was recorded on a quad reverb I believe… if not…. To hell with the consequences!!! 😂😂😂

I'm sure the Kemper Drive and Kemper Fuzz will be lots of fun in front of the Quad :)

Try the differences between using gain from a STOMP pedal and using the pedal's volume to push the front end of the amp harder, resulting in preamp distortion, and a mixture of both.
    also check out a pretty dirty sound and roll back the volume of your guitar for another tonal shade

the Pure Boost will give you a completely clean volume boost, making the distortion more a matter of the amp, the Lead Booster will do the same but shape the signal to push the mids in settings around noon.

I'm assuming the Fender Quad Reverb's guitar input expects an instrument level signal and line level may be too 'hot'.

it does, but just watch your levels, start with a low volume on the amp and a low volume on the PROFILER and carefully and slowly increase to what you are looking for. worst case scenario is that you'll overdrive the input stage of the amp, which is what Booster pedals do.

tbh. this combination isn't really of much practical value - it might be fun to mess around with the PROFILER's stomps and effects through the amp, but that's it really.

to me, the fun of an old tube amp is to connect the guitar directly, no pedals and see what you can do. It should have a lovely reverb and tremolo, which Fenders calls 'Vibrato' for some reason. Playing such a bare bones setup can make you a better player since there is very little to hide behind (you can't crank the gain, add compression, chorus, delay and reverb). except the reverb part of course, but that is 'only' a spring reverb and will always sound like one no matter what ;)

have fun

the dillrigs Rig Pack is as all our Rig Packs levelled as much as possible to a certain value of Integrated LUFS, as are all of our factory rigs.

some people like to insert a Boost or EQ in the post STACK slots simply to boost the rigs volume, which is nonsense.
    Instead, Rig Volume should be used to create a somewhat even level across all rigs.

I assume that this is at least in part done intentionally to create the illusion of a louder (-> better sounding) rig.
    It is impossible for the human ear to compare sounds that have a difference in loudness/volume.

I suggest to use a rig as template (Golub Crunch for example) and to level rigs accordingly.

Hi

I'm coming from the US to play Rebellion festival and a couple more shows in the UK.
    I'm bringing my Kemper player with a US power supply. Can I use a travel adapter or do I need a transformer?

Thanks !

as the bottom side of the original power supply states: 'INPUT: 100-240V 50/60Hz'
    The UK uses 230V 50Hz, so you're good just with a travel adapter.

this only true for the original power supply that shipped with the PROFILER Player, though, if you are using something else, please refer to it's specs.

hth :)

I've been following a discussion about Differences in sound between modern devices that today (in 2024) allow you to realize a digital copy of your analog Amp sound. (It was not about Modellers, it was about different profilers) and somebody at some point, came out with a sentence like this:

''As soon as you are introducing a profiler* of any sort the result will not be authentic ananymore.''

So, when I read Your post, it was funny 'cause ..reminded that discussion.

you can find pretty much any statement about literally anything on the web these days, that doesn't surprise me at all.

I did however wonder about the point of bringing this up in this discussion.

anyway, back to topic please :)

I saw this. But im still confused on whether the DI box is simply in addition to the cabinet or are we using a DI that can withstand the load and that will protect the amp. Or do we still need to use a cabinet in this case. If were using a DI with no cabinet then isnt that essentially a load box? Like the suhr RL

a Direct Amp PROFILE capable DI box just taps the signal between power amp and speaker, converts it to line level and let's the PROFILER use this to create a (Direct Amp) PROFILE, which can later be merged with a Studio PROFILE to create a Merged PROFILE that delivers an absolutely authentic division between the amp and the cab.

As soon as you are introducing a load box of any sort the result will not be authentic anymore.

the point is, that the DI box has to be able to withstand speaker(!) level signals.

please refer to the manual 'PROFILING an Amp', subsection 'How to PROFILE an Amp without a Cabinet (Direct Amp PROFILEs)'

and

Burkhard
    March 20, 2015 at 10:43 AM