New stomp DIMENSION C

• The Dimension C chorus (that isn't really a chorus) is very very good.

But - the Dimension C DC-3 is the best incarnation. Sure, the DC-2W lets you have 2 presets at once, but the DC-3 lets you edit the whole effect.

Why yes, I do stack these for a super lush effect.

• Quick, before chorus effects go out of style again! I remember when just before Y2K chorus effects fell out popularity, as they made you sound "80's"

The Boss Dimension C DC 2W is NOT working like a Chorus,
    it has two separate analoge delay lines witch are mixe cross wise out of phase to get a 3D room sound.
    This effect requires stereo lines.

The Boss Dimension C DC3 is mono and in my opinion a cheap solution to the real effect.

The Boss Dimension DC-2W is a high-quality, analog spatial effect pedal that provides a unique three-dimensional sound enhancement.
    Here’s how it works and its key differences from a traditional chorus stompbox:

How the Boss Dimension DC-2W Works
    1. Analog Circuitry: The DC-2W uses two analog delay circuits (Panasonic MN3102 and MN3207) to create its effects, offering warm and natural sound.
    2. Spatial Enhancement: Instead of modulating the pitch to create movement (like a chorus), the Dimension effect creates a sense of spaciousness and depth by subtly modulating the phase and time.
    3. Preset Modes: The DC-2W includes four main preset modes, with an additional four variations, allowing for a range of spatial effects. These modes are accessed via push buttons on the pedal.

Differences Between the Boss Dimension DC-2W and a Chorus Stompbox
    1. Effect Type:
    - Chorus: Creates a thicker, swirling sound by modulating the pitch and delay of the signal, simulating multiple instruments playing the same part.
    - Dimension: Enhances the spatial characteristics of the sound without significant pitch modulation, resulting in a more subtle, spacious effect.

2. Sound Character:
    - Chorus: Typically produces a noticeable modulation effect, often described as shimmering or warbling.
    - Dimension: Provides a more subtle, three-dimensional enhancement, focusing on depth and width rather than modulation.

3. Control Interface:
    - Chorus: Usually has knobs to control rate, depth, and sometimes mix or tone.
    - Dimension: Utilizes preset buttons for easy selection of spatial effects, without the need for fine-tuning parameters.

4. Usage Context:
    - Chorus: Commonly used to thicken and enrich the sound of guitars, keyboards, and other instruments.
    - Dimension: Ideal for adding a unique sense of space and dimension to a mix, making it useful for a variety of instruments and vocal tracks.

In summary, while both the Boss Dimension DC-2W and a chorus pedal aim to enhance the sound, the Dimension focuses on spatial enhancement, providing a three-dimensional quality, whereas the chorus adds depth through pitch modulation. The DC-2W offers a distinctive, analog-based spatial effect that sets it apart from traditional chorus pedals.

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar: better picture (June 18, 2024 at 11:03 PM).

• I checked out a Pete Thorn video on the re-release Dimension C and managed to get a very similar tone from Micro Pitch. There seem to be more controls on this new version than the original, but Detune on 7 and Mix at 50% was good.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 10.2.2 - Mac Sonoma 14.5

• So was the original DC-2.

....and expensive these days. But cheaper than the Roland Dimension D rack.

The Helix has a model of it in the Legacy (M9 / M13 models) models added a few years ago. Its not as good as it could be - but does let you have upto 4 presets at once) - but its definitely not impossible to model.

• ....and expensive these days. But cheaper than the Roland Dimension D rack.

The Helix has a model of it in the Legacy (M9 / M13 models) models added a few years ago. Its not as good as it could be - but does let you have upto 4 presets at once) - but its definitely not impossible to model.

Yes, I have a Helix. Great unit, but I prefer the Kemper effects personally and keep the Line 6 as a backup live.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 10.2.2 - Mac Sonoma 14.5