Posts by Yoda Guitar

Meanwhile i hope Kemper will invest time to get Rig Manager to run natively on Linux.

I don't think so. Ever since Rig Manager was introduced, there has been the question of a Linux variant. There are probably legal reasons for this, or the development environment chosen by Kemper doesn't allow it. If Kemper were to open the communication protocol (USB and network), one could think about an open source project, but that will never happen. Maybe Toast ME by Damian Greda is worth a try. But I think he stopped development in 2019 due to lack of demand.

Here is one more i installed it on my Linux system and i was able to install MAC OS latest Version 14.5 maybe dis will help

GitHub - kholia/OSX-KVM: Run macOS on QEMU/KVM. With OpenCore + Monterey + Ventura + Sonoma support now! Only commercial (paid) support is available now to avoid spammy issues. No Mac system is required.
    Run macOS on QEMU/KVM. With OpenCore + Monterey + Ventura + Sonoma support now! Only commercial (paid) support is available now to avoid spammy issues. No Mac…
    github.com

Just totally disagree.

We are not testers, we are users. I'm not interested in testing but I take the betas to get early sight of functionality, knowing its already been tested pretty well.

This is mixing up beta testing and the general issues...I didn't mean there are aren't bugs out there but I'm also not trying to test the whole platform.

Most of the long term bugs, in my mind, are not showstoppers and therefore not a huge concern. I think publishing a list will just create unnecessary concerns.

So what do you think a public BETA is?
    On one hand, Kemper says not to use it in productive environments or production.
    You say you're not a tester, and not interested in testing.
    So what do you do with it?
    In my humble opinion, I would never ever use a BETA on stage, in rehearsals, or in the studio.
    I don't have the time to flick around and hope I don't run into a bug.

I'd like to know what I'm dealing with, and where bugs are still hidden.

The point here is to optimize the efficiency of testing. If everyone encounters the same errors, I don't need to test any further at this point. If I know that there is a problem with a certain function, I don't need to write another error report and if I know that someone has successfully tested a functionality, I don't need to do it again. Therefore, a test plan that naturally grows over time would be of great use.

2) They fix stuff so fast that keeping an up to date list would be difficult

Sorry but no! there are very old issues that are reported again and again for years.

For example,
    I have noticed (and have reported this several times) that the display of numerical values is often inconsistent.
    Some values are in dB but also in 0-255 or 0-100%.
    In the system setup in particular, values for contrast or display brightness are sometimes shown in % and sometimes in integer.

The irregular flashing of the TAP button seems to be impossible to control. since years.

With AppleMac OSX, when it goes to sleep (Hybernate), the connection to the Kemper is disconnected after waking up and can only be restored by unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable.
    The MAC log says that the Rig Manager is generating an internal driver error. I have also reported this in previous versions but have not received any response so far.

The Folder is in cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps

I store my RM Libs on a Clouddrive (Dropbox) so i can use them from difrerent MAC or PC
    hier ist my OSX Shell script to use my Kemper on Dropbox.
    It's pretty simple using software links.

Scriptname: create_link.command

And here the script for Windows using Junktions Links
    Scriptname: create_mksymlink.cmd

Code
    : c:
    : cd C:\Users\<USERNAME>/AppData/Local/"Kemper Amps" 

MKLINK /J %LocalAppData%\"Kemper Amps" D:\Dropbox\_Kemper\"Kemper Amps"

pause

Not sure what you are saying here but Im pretty sure there is an error list, just not externally.

And that makes sense to me as they internally test ( which is clear even in the Beta as I've had very few issues in any Beta) so not sure where you think time is lost.

To be specific:
    What open issues are there in this beta and what needs to be tested again to go forward? If everything is so easy and there are no more errors, why isn't it released?
    I think that in all beta releases, the known issues should always be listed in the release note. The last Beta updaste was in Jun ?!
    And in a post that is about this beta release, problems and progress on this release should be discussed and no personal statements.

Some of these posts have nothing to do with the topic of 11.0 Beta.
    The same dilemma has been going on for over 10 years. Whether errors are discovered or not is purely coincidental. To date, there seem to be no test plans for the beta test that could be worked on. There are no official error lists so that errors can be confirmed or specified. From a QS manager's point of view, so much time and money is being wasted. If you assume a public beta test, all major errors should actually have been found and fixed internally.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MarkNZ The HB power amp has a different input sensitivity than the Power Kabinet. This explains why the HB produces a higher SPL in combination with the Profiler Kabinet at the same monitor volume setting.

I like to see this on paper, where can i find the technical documentation about the Kemper Cab ?
    The line level is normed, so I can't imagine that Kemper is NOT following the rules.
    Nominal level - Wikipedia
    Decibel - Wikipedia

There is a significant difference between the Rig Author and the Profile Author. The Rick Author can be changed later, the Profile Author cannot. This is set automatically by the data in the system settings when creating a profile, see system settings page 298 in the manual. This is for copyright reasons, otherwise anyone could buy profiles, rename the author and resell it as their own.

this is the offical dealer in your area https://www.kemper-amps.com/dealers-and-di…5/New%20Zealand
    First contact Kemper support to find out how Kemper envisages a warranty exchange or repair.
    Since you ordered the cab directly from the website, Kemper is the manufacturer and also the dealer. If it is a warranty or guarantee, the dealer must also cover the shipping costs.

"WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING — 30 DAYS RETURN — FIRST-CLASS, PERSONAL SUPPORT"

Not quite right, the GPA 100 delivers 190W rms at 4 Ohm. But regardless, it indicates that the power amplifier is regulating down due to temperature or something similar. If, for example, the heatsink and thermal paste are not installed properly, the PowerMosFets get quit hot and the power amplifier regulates, and this happens very quickly. I therefore recommend returning to the sender as long as the warranty is still valid.