Let's discuss 11.0 Beta

• Regarding:

added: Effect Button I-IIII assignments can now be administered in Rig Manager (Rig Settings)

Does that mean, that from the Rig Manager, you are now supposed to be able to assign the Effect Button I-IIII on the Kemper Remote controller ?.

(that would be great, because When I buy a profiles pack, each of the effects for all the rigs, are often are not assigned to the Effect Button I-IIII on the remote controller,.. so it would be lovely to be able to fix this from Rig manager :-))

• The unification was a necessary step. It makes more sense to roll it out now instead of holding it back, just to avoid getting the "I'm underwhelmed" comment. Let's face it: It doesn't matter what we do. Somebody will always be unhappy with it ;)

Definitely. It would have been what I call "Stupid Squared" to move forward with a non-unified release that would have taken twice the validation effort and twice the integration effort.

Also, I have seen firmware projects where (with the best of intentions) a split was allowed to persist. It later ended up costing >$1M in effort to resolve (2 years later).

No one ever "expects" it to last very long. Everyone wants to ignore the growing issue. No one wants to explain to the Owner where his $1M went when it is time to pay the piper, so it is better to just do the right thing in the first place :)

You can't please all the people all of the time. Kemper does a pretty good job of pleasing quite a lot of people.

• Regarding:

added: Effect Button I-IIII assignments can now be administered in Rig Manager (Rig Settings)

Does that mean, that from the Rig Manager, you are now supposed to be able to assign the Effect Button I-IIII on the Kemper Remote controller ?.

(that would be great, because When I buy a profiles pack, each of the effects for all the rigs, are often are not assigned to the Effect Button I-IIII on the remote controller,.. so it would be lovely to be able to fix this from Rig manager :-))

Yes. In RM (PC/Mac is my experience) - under Rig, scroll down and you'll see buttons for assigning functions to each button. When you click on the button, a pop up will let you do a ton of things.

• Great! A lot of people will love this new addition.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yes. In RM (PC/Mac is my experience) - under Rig, scroll down and you'll see buttons for assigning functions to each button. When you click on the button, a pop up will let you do a ton of things.

WHAT? I can now assign effects to the remote via RM?

I'm not underwelmed, I'm overwelmed! I've wanted this for sometime.....brilliant!

I need to check this update out as I've not even looked...

• What is clean compensation ?

I'll say it in my own words...

Adjusts how much, as the gain is reduced, a volume compensation occurs, which ensures that the volume is not reduced together with the gain. With a value of 10 the volume always remains the same, with a value of 0 it becomes much lower.

For example, it is an indispensable function with the liquid profiles of many amplifiers. Without which there could be no correspondence with the original amps

Fantastic!!! Congratulations to the Kemper Team

• Yes. In RM (PC/Mac is my experience) - under Rig, scroll down and you'll see buttons for assigning functions to each button. When you click on the button, a pop up will let you do a ton of things.

It's once again (like the output menu) poor design, a waste of screen space, and confusing to boot.

I would expect to assign the effects block to a footswitch rather than assigning the footswitch to an effects block.

The minimum expectation is to arrange the buttons in a row so that you don't have to scroll unnecessarily.

It would be better to have an assignment button under each effect block where you can assign the footswitch (I-IV).

Be the force with you ;)

• So they provide what we've asked for, but like the electric guitar players we are, the response is identical to what we say when new guitar designs (that we ask for) are released:

"That's not what I meant."

:rolleyes:

If you ask for four wheels on a car and then realize that you forgot to mention that they should also turn.

No, someone implemented the requirement quickly and dirty without thinking about what kind of usability experience users with “normal” screens have. You should give developers small, outdated notebooks for testing.

Be the force with you ;)

• Regarding:

Yes !!!!

The addition of footswitch assignment for the Remote and Stage is a major game changer for me. I am over the moon about this addition. Thanks guys all your hard work and dedication it is greatly appreciated 👍

• So they provide what we've asked for, but like the electric guitar players we are, the response is identical to what we say when new guitar designs (that we ask for) are released:

"That's not what I meant."

:rolleyes:

To be honest I think Yoda’s version of layout and workflow actually makes a lot of sense and would be a noce further improvement. Having said that, I’m still delighted to have the functionality at all 😎

• To be honest I think Yoda’s version of layout and workflow actually makes a lot of sense and would be a noce further improvement. Having said that, I’m still delighted to have the functionality at all 😎

I don't disagree that it's not the prettiest of implementations. He's welcome to dislike it.

As I think about it, a practical reason likely exists to explain why they didn't do it the way he suggests. His solution is the far more obvious one from a UI perspective.

What's the reason? I dunno. But 'quick and dirty' doesn't strike me as a feasible explanation.