Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I play mostly dive bars featuring original music where you get 10 minutes changeover time between bands if you are lucky. Only the first band gets a soundcheck. I've never seen a musician using a computer on stage under these circumstances. I've also played in cover bands where we did three sets and had the whole night. I imagine that I could have done computers, wireless, IEM, floor monitors, and other fancy setups, but I'm really comfortable with the old-school rock and roll guerilla approach.

I guess the point I'm making is that there are lots of different musical worlds out there, from dive-bars with one outlet on stage and vocal-only PA's to permanent big-dollar worship installations that are "studios-on-a-stage".

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I play mostly dive bars featuring original music where you get 10 minutes changeover time between bands if you are lucky. Only the first band gets a soundcheck. I've never seen a musician using a computer on stage under these circumstances. I've also played in cover bands where we did three sets and had the whole night. I imagine that I could have done computers, wireless, IEM, floor monitors, and other fancy setups, but I'm really comfortable with the old-school rock and roll guerilla approach.

I guess the point I'm making is that there are lots of different musical worlds out there, from dive-bars with one outlet on stage and vocal-only PA's to permanent big-dollar worship installations that are "studios-on-a-stage".

I'm sure @MementoMori meant "musicians use computers" in studios.

• Several points to cover here.

1st ..... Kemper needs to make money. Despite all other concerns, this is first and foremost in their minds.

2nd .... Making money isn't always a direct thing. Increased sales (for instance) and many other metrics figure into any development decision.

Having an editor is quickly becoming like having air bags in your car. It is now abnormal to buy a car that DOESN'T have them.

There will come a day in the next few years when the upgrades to the KPA will stop IMO. Once the product has all the bells and whistles needed to go head-to-head with all contenders in the market, the KPA should start just being a gravy making money machine for CK. Other products will have to be brought to market to increase sales (sorry guys, this is just how things work).

I think a Kemper floor pedal would be my next move. The entire infrastructure already developed could be used with the floor model and thus would give it a huge leap forward in its allure to potential customers compared to other offerings.

As someone pointed out in another thread, if the floor pedal could use all the cabs and profiles for the KPA, that would really be a huge advantage (if it were my project, this would be the #1 design criteria). Any editor for the KPA would then need only small changes to support both products (again, reuse the infrastructure).

• I'm sure @MementoMori meant "musicians use computers" in studios.

Yes, use computers in the studio and at home. My point isn't that there aren't tube guys out there (of course there are), but effects to pedalboards have editors. When I used my POD, I set my tones on a computer with its editor. With all the functions it was a hell of a lot easier than twiddling knobs. These days with how computer-centric our lives have become, I assume people spend more time on an interface than with EQ knobs for these kinds of things.

• Yes, use computers in the studio and at home. My point isn't that there aren't tube guys out there (of course there are), but effects to pedalboards have editors. When I used my POD, I set my tones on a computer with its editor. With all the functions it was a hell of a lot easier than twiddling knobs. These days with how computer-centric our lives have become, I assume people spend more time on an interface than with EQ knobs for these kinds of things.

That is the use case I have as well.

Although I would never use a computer LIVE, I prefer to do my setup on a GUI on a PC instead of menu diving.

Granted, the KPA is a reasonable UI with respect to ease of use. This is especially true for the common adjustments one would commonly make on a tube amp.

The deeper capabilities are not as easily gotten to though. I suspect that there are many features that lots of people don't use simply because they aren't obvious to get to and setup.

A good GUI on the PC would alleviate this problem IMO.

• It is hard to deny that with the new delays an editor would be a nice idea..or to say it with good ol´Eddie:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;)

• Part of what incentivizes the consumer is residual upgrade. Kemper making people pay would be awfully petty, especially when you consider no other manufacturer behaves this way. It serves the active consumer (that also buys add-on's like the remote and DI box) while drawing in new ones.
    Paying for an editor would both piss off current investors and likely deter new one's. Instead of viewing it as an exclusive high end product which continues to serve its adopters, they just appear as money-grabbers. It would be a deterrent, not an incentive. If that were to happen, I'd likely invest elsewhere.

As mentioned by @ColdFrixion, Fractal charges for one of their editors. It's really a moot point whether people would be willing to pay, given that an editor was not what I paid for. I paid for the Toaster, and I'm very happy that I've gone from version 2 to version 5 in just three years. Whether I get an editor or not would not convince me that my money was better spent elsewhere.

I couldn't even imagine it would cost 1$The analogy to free cars is missed, because every user requesting editor has payed hell lot of money to get the Profiler.
    The editor has no usage without the hardware.
    The car has usage without a driving license, when you get one free you can sell it, or make a driving license :)

My bet: there will be editor for free OR there won't be editor at all.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it will be free too. But if they do ask me to pay for one, I'd be willing to. Perhaps they could lock a software to physical Kemper hardware ID or something to prevent piracy.

My point about free stuff is that all of us (myself included) are going on and on about the need for an editor. If Kemper says it will cost $100 or even $10, I'm sure it will kill a lot of the demands/complaints for one.

• As mentioned by @ColdFrixion, Fractal charges for one of their editors. It's really a moot point whether people would be willing to pay, given that an editor was not what I paid for. I paid for the Toaster, and I'm very happy that I've gone from version 2 to version 5 in just three years. Whether I get an editor or not would not convince me that my money was better spent elsewhere.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it will be free too. But if they do ask me to pay for one, I'd be willing to. Perhaps they could lock a software to physical Kemper hardware ID or something to prevent piracy.

My point about free stuff is that all of us (myself included) are going on and on about the need for an editor. If Kemper says it will cost $100 or even $10, I'm sure it will kill a lot of the demands/complaints for one.

There's been plenty of people who's moved on to the Helix just because of the interface. You like the toaster as is, but many move on because of the fact it's actually "behind" (perhaps subjective, but to techy end users, it is behind.) on not having a computer interface. They take their money elsewhere.

I'm sure if it comes out, it'll be free. But to your point, even if they charged $10, I think majority of people currently demanding will still demand and pay. Kemper is $2000. Remote is $500. Amp packs are ~$50. Kemper users consistently show that they're willing to pay a lot for their Kemper experience.

• Winter NAMM is just around the corner. I just checked the exhibition list, and Kemper GmbH will be in booth 6100. I am betting that Christoph will have some surprises for all of us

The more you get the more you want ;)
    Do not expect too much. They had a hard year this year. Give them a break.
    I think the conversion of the database and the necessary debugging might have brought more work than the excellent delays.
    I would be happy with a few good reverbs but enjoy the KPA also as it is now. :)

• Amp packs are ~$50

... or the price of a coffee.

Kemper users consistently show that they're willing to pay a lot for their Kemper experience.

Well, we want the best; it doesn't mean we'd not prefer to be able to pay less, even much less. Heck, I can't tell you how many skipped meals over a period of years that the Kemper cost me. Folks in spots with bad currency-exchange rates such as in South Africa, South America and even some parts of Europe also make huge sacrifices to get at the Kemper goodness.

I s'pose what I'm saying, and I'm sure you'll agree, is that even 'though if you desire the best and find a way to pay for it no matter the personal cost, in many, many cases the individuals concerned would have much preferred to have not had to go to such extraordinary lengths.

Therefore, to folks such as these and me, value-adding by the company by way of free OS updates, Rig Manager and so on, are pure gold. At least, they are to me, as is the longevity of the hardware's status as being current.

• The Kemper is not a low end piece of gear. The people who plop down the cold hard cash for this kind of equipment are prepared to pay for the best and have found to means to do so.

If a kemper editor were to be released and we had to pay for it, I suspect that most of the people who own the product would pay for it. Software is not free to develop. Not by a long shot.

Here is hoping that NAMM brings us some spring (pun intended) surprises ;)

• The Kemper is not a low end piece of gear. The people who plop down the cold hard cash for this kind of equipment are prepared to pay for the best and have found to means to do so.

If a kemper editor were to be released and we had to pay for it, I suspect that most of the people who own the product would pay for it. Software is not free to develop. Not by a long shot.

Neither are delays with infinite parameters, but those we didn't have to pay extra for. An editor is standard among this kind of technology. It would make more sense to buy extra packs of delays, reverbs, and other effects.

• There's been plenty of people who's moved on to the Helix just because of the interface. You like the toaster as is, but many move on because of the fact it's actually "behind" (perhaps subjective, but to techy end users, it is behind.) on not having a computer interface. They take their money elsewhere.
    I'm sure if it comes out, it'll be free. But to your point, even if they charged $10, I think majority of people currently demanding will still demand and pay. Kemper is $2000. Remote is $500. Amp packs are ~$50. Kemper users consistently show that they're willing to pay a lot for their Kemper experience.

How many exactly is "plenty" and how do you know that? "Many move on" You did a market research and came to this conclusion? "Techy end users", you mean bedroom tweakers who can't hold a bend in tune, because if someone is not deaf they will never move on from Kemper just because it's got monochromatic display (source - the same as yours)

p.s. I'd like to have editor at this point, didn't care about it before 5.x - reason is that there is too many parameters to flick through and my right arm becomes tired, therefore I just use LDLY :)