• So they have done the same as kemper. A small one and checked the price(569 euro)at Thoman and I might purchase one eventually just for fun and see if I will like it or not.

Nano Cortex
    An infinite number of amps and pedals on your pedalboard
    neuraldsp.com

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I feel like this is in a weird in between position between the Tonex and Kemper player.

Price wise it's right in between them. It adds some effects so it has more than the Tonex, but it is far more limited than the Player (which is already too limited for a lot of people) which causes it to not work as a standalone unit. It doesn't even have an overdrive effect slot.

If you want just amp captures, the Tonex does that for a lot less money. If you want all in one, the nano cortex can't offer that but the Kemper Player can for about 150 EUR more.

What position does this leave the nano cortex in?

I had my wallet ready to buy one, but now the specs are out I see no reason at all to get it over a player.

• It looks good. Its a Tonex killer.

Doing the profiling onboard in a trice instead of on your pc/laptop in..... an hour or two makes the price difference less of an issue. And having a full multi FX.........Nice

And gapless switching ! The thing that internet yahoos value over all in a guitar FX device

• It looks good. Its a Tonex killer.

Doing the profiling onboard in a trice instead of on your pc/laptop in..... an hour or two makes the price difference less of an issue. And having a full multi FX.........Nice

And gapless switching ! The thing that internet yahoos value over all in a guitar FX device

But it isn’t full multi-effects.

Even compared to the Player the list of available effects is tiny.

• Joking aside,

Coupling this to (or putting it in the fx loop of) an FX unit like the HXFX or similar would give you a fairly epic rig

It would, the HX would allow you one unit to go pre-post amp (multiple effects loops).

Unless you've already got the extra gear, the downside is that now you're well north of $1,000 invested without the cabling and pedalboard/case. By the time you're done, one of the real standalone units would seem to make more sense.

• It would, the HX would allow you one unit to go pre-post amp (multiple effects loops).

Unless you've already got the extra gear, the downside is that now you're well north of $1,000 invested without the cabling and pedalboard/case. By the time you're done, one of the real standalone units would seem to make more sense.

Yep. If you've already got a pedalboard - this (or the Kemper Player, or Tonex etc) slots right in.

Its certainly a harder sell if you have to start from scratch. I'm just lucky they didn't make a 1u rack version of it. I'd have had my debit card out faster than you could say 'I need to make my rack 1u taller'.

• Super interesting product release.

No screen! I was originally concerned that the Kemper Player lacked the screen, but after reflection, using a phone app as a screen (and mounted to my mic stand) is actually a preferred experience to a floorboard screen that is > 6ft from my head for live performances.

Seems like it is a step or two behind the capabilities of the Kemper Player though in several respects albeit at a lower price. Still, it retains the ability to capture/profile correct?

I am unlikely to be swayed away from Kemper as I have more than a decade of experience on the platform. I will likely get the Player after the update is released and use it as a throw and go solution as well as a backup for my rack.

Still, it is nice seeing Neural DSP releasing new products that are targeted in the high volume market vs the very high end only.