Abbey Road like - ADT - artificial double-tracking ( a dream for every band with just one gutiarist )

• Don't know. I just associate morphing with something "external" to Kemper and I just see this request as a new stomp/effect that I can put in empty slot. My 2c.

I wouldn't call morphing external to the Kemper, since it's a feature set and can be used for a lot of creative things.

A stomp approach to this feature would definitely be better though.

yes Ingolf, you stated this before.

Let's also see where we can go with some creative use of already present features - especially morphing, shall we? :)

I'm not too sure it would work well for the purpose of something like a self-changing ADT as suggested by Ingolf. That's because you would require manual intervention to keep switching the sound.

I have a great idea though that should be feasible for anyone with an external sequencer of sorts.

Just programme the sequencer to send a CC message to the Kemper at consistent intervals in order to change the morph state. Also, set the morph rise and fall times to taste.

Should work similar to the randomised settings suggested by Ingolf, though it would be more orderly.

On a related note, DonPetersen, I tried your Morph Tracking profile yesterday, but it didn't sound good with high gain - there was a distinct flanging sound. I fooled around with it for a long time, and made it even worse so I unplugged my guitar haha :)

• yes Ingolf, you stated this before. ;)

Let's also see where we can go with some creative use of already present features - especially morphing, shall we? :)

I'll admit I might sound a bit redundant here. ;)
    But using morphing for achieving this would require constant use of the pedal or the switch which would be counter- intuitive if you ask me.
    Unless there are random morphing changes planned of course, hint hint.... :)

• I'll admit I might sound a bit redundant here. ;)
    But using morphing for achieving this would require constant use of the pedal or the switch which would be counter- intuitive if you ask me.
    Unless there are random morphing changes planned of course, hint hint.... :)

This is what I stressed in my previous post. When I saw this request I imagined ADT as an effect that can be put in empty slot.

• But using morphing for achieving this would require constant use of the pedal or the switch which would be counter- intuitive if you ask me.

I find it quite intuitive to adjust the change of delay times and thereby the detuning with the pedal - exactly like a wah pedal, really ;) it gives you the ability to add the effect in a very musical way.
    anyway, these are just suggestions that work with currently implemented features, as in: stuff you can do/use right now. :)

• I find it quite intuitive to adjust the change of delay times and thereby the detuning with the pedal - exactly like a wah pedal, really ;) it gives you the ability to add the effect in a very musical way.
    anyway, these are just suggestions that work with currently implemented features, as in: stuff you can do/use right now. :)

I'm planning to dive into this a bit more for sure, Don. ;)

• As an aside, I have a Strymon Deco sitting in the stereo loop - one of those pedals you don't really think you need but then leave on all the time. Light tape saturation and a very accurate double tracker simulation. Pricy, as all their stuff is, but it sounds brilliant, if you're looking for this effect right now I'd audition one.

Tom

• As an aside, I have a Strymon Deco sitting in the stereo loop - one of those pedals you don't really think you need but then leave on all the time. Light tape saturation and a very accurate double tracker simulation. Pricy, as all their stuff is, but it sounds brilliant, if you're looking for this effect right now I'd audition one.

Tom

This pedal looks incredible, Tom, didn't know it had a double tracker section as well. Thanks.

How are you using it in a stereo loop? 2 TS to TRS cable? Something like a Hosa adaptor with the jumper engaged?

• This pedal looks incredible, Tom, didn't know it had a double tracker section as well. Thanks.

How are you using it in a stereo loop? 2 TS to TRS cable? Something like a Hosa adaptor with the jumper engaged?

There's an internal jumper you can enable in the pedal which makes the output stereo using a TRS, then a TRS to 2xTS cable for the returns into the KPA. It also works really well just as a mono pedal before the stack section, I'll take it to jams as it has the ability to make pretty much any amp sound decent (the only time I've ever got a decent sound from a valve state!)

It's a very versatile little device, you get the saturation effect and then the double tracker, but because you've got very fine control of the delay times between the decks you also get chorus and flange effects out of it if you set the delay times very low. There's a true through-zero flange from holding down the double-track pedal, all sorts of goodies. Looks simple, but is a real swiss-army knife kind of device, which is rather how the old studio tape decks were I guess.

• There's an internal jumper you can enable in the pedal which makes the output stereo using a TRS, then a TRS to 2xTS cable for the returns into the KPA. It also works really well just as a mono pedal before the stack section, I'll take it to jams as it has the ability to make pretty much any amp sound decent (the only time I've ever got a decent sound from a valve state!)It's a very versatile little device, you get the saturation effect and then the double tracker, but because you've got very fine control of the delay times between the decks you also get chorus and flange effects out of it if you set the delay times very low. There's a true through-zero flange from holding down the double-track pedal, all sorts of goodies. Looks simple, but is a real swiss-army knife kind of device, which is rather how the old studio tape decks were I guess.

Haha, think you got confused there! Isn't the jumper to make the input stereo? And then you use the left-right outputs back into the Kemper? Would this be of use with the Kemper, since there is only the direct out for send? I mean, you can only feed the Deco with a mono signal from the Kemper. Not that this isn't a cool feature, but I don't think it's of much use with the Kemper. Or have I got confused with the Kemper stereo loop again?