Bring on the paid updates Kemper!!!!!

• I'm all in for this as well. I don't even want more effect slots, just access to the full suite of effects would be worth 200 EUR to me

At that point I would definitely opt for a used Stage as the backup. Not nearly as small as I would like, but a complete backup.

Still, I see the case for a fully functional small form factor KPA. I definitely see lots of market for this.

• With the release of Nano Cortex, Kemper needs to step up their game with the footswitch assignments on the Player. Nano Cortex can already to press and second press to get to two presets per footswitch.

IMO, It's rather the opposite, it reinforces the idea Player is well placed at the right price....

Nano Cortex is so poor in FXs, it's a pity. It's an expensive ToneX...

The advantages i see are : the possibility to capture amps (ToneX needs the "Capture" to do so) and the ability to find capture on the cloud via app :thumbup:. Eventually having 3 FXs after the stack....

• With the release of Nano Cortex, Kemper needs to step up their game with the footswitch assignments on the Player. Nano Cortex can already to press and second press to get to two presets per footswitch.

Thing is a second press gives you two presets per switch, a total of 4 rigs.

The Player gives us 50 rigs at our feet.

• IMO, It's rather the opposite, it reinforces the idea Player is well placed at the right price....

Nano Cortex is so poor in FXs, it's a pity. It's an expensive ToneX...

The advantages i see are : the possibility to capture amps (ToneX needs the "Capture" to do so) and the ability to find capture on the cloud via app :thumbup:. Eventually having 3 FXs after the stack....

Oh I totally agree. I would never swap my Player out for the Nano Cortex. But I do like their "second press gets to another preset" function (and that's about it)!

• Oh I totally agree. I would never swap my Player out for the Nano Cortex. But I do like their "second press gets to another preset" function (and that's about it)!

Double or multiple function assignments are a nightmare for live use. That's why many people prefer to get a dedicated pedal board instead of a multifunctional effects device. When you press a button you should know in advance what will happen. In a live situation you can't just zap through the settings as you like to do when recording.

Be the force with you ;)

• Double or multiple function assignments are a nightmare for live use. That's why many people prefer to get a dedicated pedal board instead of a multifunctional effects device. When you press a button you should know in advance what will happen. In a live situation you can't just zap through the settings as you like to do when recording.

Been doing it for years with other devices. It's not a problem. Ever. ESPECIALLY if you are the one who is programming it ahead of time.

• Been doing it for years with other devices. It's not a problem. Ever. ESPECIALLY if you are the one who is programming it ahead of time.

Perhaps for you. There are many (most IMO) live performers that won't gig with any 2or3 button device.

Having said that, Kemper should implement it as it would greatly expand their foot switch capacity. People with higher button count devices could choose to use or not.

• DonPetersen September 22, 2024 at 8:21 PM

Closed the thread.