Clicking Noise

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I am getting a horrible clicking noise in either the browser mode or performance. It doesn't matter if it is high gain or not. I have a remote and a powered profiler with the profiler power off as I run FRFR powered speakers. The clicking noise also comes through the headphones, that I use mostly. It seems to be a new problem that I haven't noticed before that is SUPER annoying. Does anyone have any useful suggestions? It makes the clicking sound about every second or so. I have unplugged everything and plugged back in but nothing seems to stop it.

• Few thoughts...

• Switch off all wireless technologies around the unit, wire it exclusively to a power outlet with no other equipment using the same power line or distribution panel.
    • Take the Kemper to another room, potentially far away from where it is now. Use a different power outlet and put the Kemper exclusively to this one. Still clicks on the headphone out?
    • Try to rule out any other equipment and circumstances around the unit. Try other guitar with other pickups as well...

Fingers crossed you'll find differences with that approach which let you discover the root cause...

If nothing else helps please open a support ticket with Kemper - those folks are incredibly helpful! :thumbup:8)

• Click like this... Turn up your volume and listen to the clicks starting at 7, 8, 12, 14, etc seconds.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ticking every second? Does it only happen when you are holding the guitar? Have you recently started wearing a new watch?

I had this problem years ago on a recording session when I was using a Mesa Dual Rectifier. There was an annoying clicking going to tape. However, it stopped when I took my hand off the guitar neck. In the end we traced it to my watch transmitting vibration through the guitar neck.

• This is driving me Nuts! It never did this until recently, so I'm not sure what has changed? I have changed nothing.
    Here is a sound bite.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have isolated the Kemper and unplugged everything from it. Moved it to a different outlet, tried 3 different guitars and went headphones direct to the Kemper, and still the VERY annoying and distracting clicking sound. I'm starting to think something is wrong with my Kemper? This may be a Kemper support issue?

• Every noise problem I have had with the Kemper has not been the Kemper but external noise from something. A nearby transformer, a cellphone, and my PC. When I get my JR with P90s anywhere in the vicinity it produces this high pitched annoying sound that is always there, you can hear it in the sound even with a noise gate. Clicking sounds are often from a data transfer like a router or something. Computers & peripherals generate a lot of bad RF. In older houses there are sometimes leftover transformers buried in walls that went to the dial up phones. I'd try moving it to different places and different plugs in a completely different building with a different guitar and see if you can eliminate the Kemper from the equation. If I get that guitar close to the powered kemper it makes noise too as the Kemper produces some RF too. Try moving it to a different building and leave off your watch and cellphone.

• Yes could be a hardware issue of the Kemper. Contact the support.

I'd just about bet it's not. It's some kind of RF noise going through the guitar/cable. Maybe from the Kemper itself or something else. If nothing is plugged in at all except headphones I's suspect the wiring and other things plugged into the same circuit. If it did the same thing at a different locale with nothing plugged in then I might suspect something with the Kemper. You have to eliminate everything else.