I won this Lauren Audio B100 Fuzz pedal in an online giveaway. I don't know much about Fuzz.

• I believe it has two germanium diodes and is modeled after a Neve Console. I don't know what either of those things mean. I've heard the fuzz effects used in songs before like with Collective Soul, etc but I'm not sure how to really use one. Do you use mostly with a clean amp?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Contratulations! <3

Fuzz is a wonderful effect and depends highly on the pickups. Single coils sound better IMO, but there are a few HBs (especially the mid-heavy ones that work surprisingly well with fuzz -> SD Hot Rails)

The settings of Volume and Tone pot will make a great difference - some fuzzes clean up gradually when turning down the guitar's volume, others (if the circuit is Fuzz Face like) almost switch to a 'clean, but not clean' sound (Hendrix)

in short, everything matters (phrasing, pick type, pickups, vol & tone) and people that don't get along with fuzz usually didn't spend enough time with it or have no interest in adjusting their playing style to suit the tone.

I'd pretty much always connect the guitar directly to the fuzz, and go easy on the fuzz' settings, blasting the volume is often unnecessary, so is maxing out the drive/fuzz control.

It's a great effect to experiment with, IF you put in the time and trust your ears.
    I recommend the Black Keys' Thickfreakness for unrivalled fuzz inspiration :love:

• Well, I guess it's time for me to get fully introduced to Fuzz. :)

Thanks guys! And I do have assortment of single coils, split-HBs, and Hot Rails (on my Jackson Soloist HSS) to try out.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan (August 25, 2024 at 4:38 PM).