For Stage In Ear Monitoring: Assign "Send 1" and "Send 2" as additional Stereo Output, including "Aux in" routing option to these outputs

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Hi Kemper team,

I've got a request:

Is it possible to implement for the Kemper Stage that "Send 1" and "Send 2" outputs can be routed with the Master L/R stereo output, AND add a fourth dial in the "Aux in" Output Menu allowing to route the Aux in to "Send 1/2" in Stereo?

--> What I am aiming for is the following application during live/stage use: I feed the Stereo In Ear Monitoring signal from the console to the Return1/2 inputs as Aux in, and would love to connect my wireless in ear to the Send 1/2, and blend the IEM signal with my direct guitar tone via Send 1/2. Then I can balance both myself - very handy.

Theoretically, this works perfectly fine exactly as described via the Monitor Output, BUT then the Monitor output is blocked and not usable for an Active Cabinet including imprints etc. (which are not assignable to Send 1/2 either...), and blending guitar and IEM via the headphone output is not really stage-proof given the tiny 3,5mm headphone socket in the Kemper Stage.

So what do you think?

Best,

Sebastian

• Theoretically, this works perfectly fine exactly as described via the Monitor Output, BUT then the Monitor output is blocked and not usable for an Active Cabinet including imprints etc. (which are not assignable to Send 1/2 either...),

I'm pretty ignorant in the question but i'm starting to get interested in in-ear gears.

I've read that in-ears are a good way to obtain the perfect sound and getting rid of excessive noise on Stage.

So i don't understand what would you feed an amp for ? :/ :) ;)

• So i don't understand what would you feed an amp for ? :/ :) ;)

That's what I'm asking myself since reading the first post.
    Using my Kempers since 2015, first with FRFR active monitor, meanwhile with In-Ears

for many years now.
    Never missed any monitor box because of the In-Ears. Best sound, wherever I'm on stage.

• I'm going to guess you want some actual air moving and a more 'live' sound as a result. I understand the desire, but if the setup you want is already possible its doubtful Kemper will spend any time on it unless there is massive demand.

If I were to do this, I'd try taking a right-angle plug out of the 3.5mm jack straight down. Run the wire under the stage and secure it. Or run it between the SPDIF (or main/mon) jacks. Gaff tape would do well underneath. The other end would be a 3.5mm ( or 1/4") stereo jack, either in-line or a panel mount depending on your setup. Then you can plug/unplug without worrying about the smaller 3.5mm.

The plug on the Stage would be pretty well shielded by the return and SPDIF jacks on either side. Both protrude a good bit. Doubly so if something is plugged into mon or SPDIF in. Even a dummy plug.

• I'm pretty ignorant in the question but i'm starting to get interested in in-ear gears.

I've read that in-ears are a good way to obtain the perfect sound and getting rid of excessive noise on Stage.

So i don't understand what would you feed an amp for ? :/ :) ;)

Hey, Speaker is 1) Backup in case anything with In ear fails - battery, connection, aux feed screwed, whatever. Without a speaker on stage I'm completely out of order in this situation, with speaker I can go on until that is fixed. And 2) indeed to move a bit of air. Natural sustain, feedback all these things we love when playing guitar are much easier when using a Kemper cabinet, even at very moderate volumes, on stage. Can decrease gain a good bit as soon as I use a Cabinet, as this helps with sustain, and decreasing gain helps my sound also via FOH. Sure, can compensate with a slight increase in gain, and if everything works properly In Ear sound is of course excellent. But if I have the choice, I prefer having a cabinet running along with In Ear (at reasonable volumes of course).

• sebikummer

I have solved the problem by using this line mixer.

LD Systems MS 828
    LD Systems MS 828, 19" 1HE Line Splitter/Mixer, 8 in 2 oder 2 in 8, 6 Mono-Eingänge, 2x XLR Main Input, 2x XLR Main Output, 4x XLR in/out, 2x Stereoklinke…
    www.thomann.de

I go there stereo into the mixer via the two 6.3“ main output jacks (the XLRs are for FOH).

I can now make my own mix with whatever feed the FOH mixer will give me.

And the monitor out remains completely independent for use of a Kemper Kabinet.

That said, my custom made inears isolate the noise so much that I don’t perceive a difference if I have cranked the Kabinet or not.

My setup this way is very convenient.

Also I have put the line mixer in a small rack that also carries my IEM system (Sennheiser G4 transmitter and receiver).