about kemper player's tuner

• I find the always on one, to touchy and very hard to "lock in"

The strobe tuner view is too touchy. How about a mode where all of the LEDs work their way in from the sides until they meet in the middle when the string is in tune?

It's just very accurate, that's all.
    The fluctuations in pitch are what happens in a guitar string, picking it makes it go sharp, older strings don't oscillate as cleanly as new ones, due to the deformations from the frets and accumulated dirt on them.

I always tune the attack, by picking eighth notes at a medium tempo, works very well.

• I sold my Kemper Player and returned to my Kemper Stage, and one small reason was the tuner. I was at a gig and had to fully restring a guitar in a bit of a hurry; finding the correct pitch proved a bit too difficult in a rushed setting. I would recommend that Kemper add a tuner display to the Rig Manager app for iOS. This would eliminate a lot of the complaints.

Without adding the tuner display to Rig Manager, if I were to use the Player in the future I'd add a dedicated tuner pedal with a display or a clip on tuner.

• I sold my Kemper Player and returned to my Kemper Stage, and one small reason was the tuner. I was at a gig and had to fully restring a guitar in a bit of a hurry; finding the correct pitch proved a bit too difficult in a rushed setting. I would recommend that Kemper add a tuner display to the Rig Manager app for iOS. This would eliminate a lot of the complaints.

Without adding the tuner display to Rig Manager, if I were to use the Player in the future I'd add a dedicated tuner pedal with a display or a clip on tuner.

Rig Manager shows tuner reference pitch. That's all there is to it. Super simple. check once then tune all day / night with no worries.

• On both of my Kemper Player units, the tuner reference pitch randomly changes. This is unacceptable. I might be sending both units back because of this issue.

We've never seen this; your report aside, this doesn't seem to happen to others. I don't believe this would have happened without your interaction. Maybe you change it in Rig Manager by accident. Can you please supply your ticket number? When you consider sending both units back, I'm sure you have a ticket for that.

If this happens to others, please chime in.

• I posted this a few weeks ago:

luntho July 25, 2024

Replied to the thread Tuner Reference Pitch - WATCH OUT!.

yesterday I turned on the tuner (unpowered toaster with latest beta) and it showed that my guitar was almost 2 halftones flat..i.e A-string was tuned to G + 10cents..E-string was tuned to D + 7 cents and so on..ref pitch on the kemper was set to 440..…the guitar was in tune according to another tuner and after a reboot the kemper tuner wasd ok too.....I have also noticed a few times over the years that ref pitch has changed to 439 by itself...

• We've never seen this; your report aside, this doesn't seem to happen to others. I don't believe this would have happened without your interaction. Maybe you change it in Rig Manager by accident. Can you please supply your ticket number? When you consider sending both units back, I'm sure you have a ticket for that.

If this happens to others, please chime in.

It's the Rig Manager software. The tuner reference pitch knob is active when the software starts. We need a "tuner reference pitch lock" button please!

• It's the Rig Manager software. The tuner reference pitch knob is active when the software starts. We need a "tuner reference pitch lock" button please!

Then we need a lock button for the other knobs too, and I don't think this will happen. You probably change the reference pitch when you scroll over the parameter.

• Yesterday, i restring my guitar

When you start from scratch, knowing what the led per string means is really not convenient. I haven't spend time to research if my E string was the white led on the third square led.... I've taken my smartphone tuner app to calibrate all my 6 strings. After that, i have no problem with the led to refine my tuner...

The tuner on the phone would be a great help....