Distortion Sens question

• Alright.

Many guitars with different pickups, but only one KPA.

Now the thing is, do you consider Distortion Sens as successful trick for matching different pickups (i.e. PAF humbuckers) sound "same"?

I have few different flavour PAF's on my Les Pauls. Alright, not so different flavours but distinctively different in "agressivness", not exactly sure how to actually describe it but I'm sure most of you can understand what I have in mind. Outputs are pretty close each to other, but if we overcome long and detailed pickup story and keep it simple, would you say that Distortion Sens would entirely compensate that missing gap between different but let me say same range pickups?

Thank you in advance for opinions and explanations.

• distortion sens is a global way to control the gain of the rigs in your Profiler. If you use a guitar that has a higher output than your other guitar you can compensate for the difference by lowering the distortion sens instead of adjusting the gain in each rig individually.

• I also use quite a few different guitars and pickups. For the humbuckers I don't change anything and prefer to keep the bit of difference. In a few rare cases I just make alternate rigs named to show a specific guitar. Even if I switch to single coils like a Strat or Tele I don't find much need to play with gain or Distortion Sense. I just find that rigs I've set up for a Les Paul might be a bit too bright with a Tele and so on. If I find just rolling down tone on the guitar isn't enough, I generally make a new copy of the rig turning down Definition on the Amplifier page until it fits.

But yes, if you prefer Distortion Sense you could always create a few Input presets with different levels to use when you change guitars.