Posts by glenharris1971

Been running Iems for years now and overall I'm happy since my ears don't ring anymore! However, I wish I could get my guitar to sound in my ears like it does FOH, which sounds great. I know upgrading my buds would help (I use sure scl5s) but are there any other steps I could take to warm the tone up?

Currently I'm using a Kemper live direct to FOH and the tone is really good. It's not what I'm hearing in my ears though. What sounds warm out front or even on my MAudio home monitors, sounds very different and sterile in my ears. Are there any eq'ing tips I could try? In my ears, no matter what amp I've used over the years, sounds like a low level line 6 amp tone...you know that razor blade sound! I'm the type of player that definitely plays a lot better when I like what I hear.

The system I'm using is a shure psm200. Not the greatest but it's all I have. I usually only take one channel from the sound guy and have him give me what I need but I want to try running the Kemper into the 2nd channel so I can control my own guitar volume. I tried it at home and same problem....sterile..complete opposite of what comes through my monitors. The Kemper does have separate outputs with separate eqs though.

Any tips are appreciated!

Having the exact same issue. Thinking about saying screw it, toss the IEM buds and use my Grado's...Paul Gilbert style... :D

Ive been gigging and recording with the kemper for about 2 months now. Recording wise this thing is unbelievable, getting the sound you are after has never been so quick and easy, also clients have been amazed with the quality of their guitar sound on their records. This is the best purchase for my studio ive ever invested in.

Now for live use. Ive been playing in bands for 17 years now and have been chasing that elisit tone for ever!!!!!!! I can now finally say i have it. Every amp ive ever brought, used has always had something missing (to much Fizz, clean sound not very good, Not clear enough, way to expensive to justify buying etc) I did 3 gigs this weekend and i had at least 7 people come up to me and say what amp are you using now, your guitar tone is incredible best i've ever heard. Every sound i use weather its Clean, distorted, distorted with delay......... It is so clear, so full and sounds just how i have wanted it to. Not only has the KPA improved my sound but my whole bands sound is now in another league.

So i thank you MR CK for giving me this great piece of musical magic, along with And44 (The Amp Factory) your great profiles which i must say are worth every penny. I can now play every gig knowing i have the best tone ever and really enjoy the gig instead of always chasing that dream tone. WHY because i have it now!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D:D:D

How do you have the KPA set up for live use? Do you use a power amp & cab or do you go through a monitor?

I use mine direct to FOH and use IEM. Not like having a stack behind you shaking your pant legs but gets the job done. Only problem I've had is, the rhythm guitar player is a volume whore and I can't tell what my volume is like out front while using the IEM's. :|

Anyone who can get their hands on A Marshall 2205 to profile the settings below?
    Michael Schenkers rig. One of my fave guitarists.
    I used to own a 2205 and they are great amps. The settings shown work very well indeed (very loud though lol)
    Mine got damaged in a flood.

http://www.flying-v.ch/collect/msrig.html

It's on the way. I am going to be profiling my 2205 very soon. Looking for a day when the family is out of the house and I have a few hours to spare.

If a KPA user is tweaking tones with headphones that are not pretty accurate then the tones won't translate well when recoding or playing live through a properly eq'd system. I've fought this issue since I began using modelers. Accurate monitoring is a must when running PA direct or recording. I suggest trying several before buying. The DT770 Pro's reach a usable volume with a smartphone or kpa but a headphone amp makes them come alive. The models that had the high freq spikes where way louder but less accurate.

I have noticed when tweaking a tone with the Grado's getting it "just right" sounds soft around the edges going through the PA. I have to turn up the presence and treble about 2 LED's to make it right.

It would be great to be able to run two different cabinets panned L/R. In addition to that, Two different amps at once in the same manner. There may not be enough processing power for the latter? When playing live, I run stereo to FOH panned on two channels. It sounds incredible with the stereo delay on solos. Having two different amps, cabs would make me mucho happy. :thumbup:

i feel like ive tried every amp sim known to man, and i cant seem to come to grips with why the scuffham is so raved about. perhaps im missing something.

Have you tried using different IR's? Panning different cabs? I too have tried probably 90% of the available software modelers and nothing even comes close to Scuffham for me.
    Guess it goes to show you how subjective tone is. The rhythm guitar player in my band LOVES Dimebag's sound, I think it is god-awful.