Level II upgrade

• Wow!! $455 CAD for level II and III update. I was expecting to pay, but that’s almost half the price of the player new!! My heart says go for it, my brain says no dice.

Let me know how it is Arek.

It is expensive. I opted for Level 2 only. Only because of MORPH.
    In my case that’s making it function almost the way I like it:

Button A = CLEAN / EVH
    Button B = EDGE OF BREAKUP / LEAD
    Button C = METAL RHYTM / METAL LEAD

Less tap dancing or volume button on guitar twisting.

Tired of MIDI that’s unable to make the buttons work exactly like on Stage or FM3.

• How is it greedy? You are literally getting a full blown Kemper in a pedal format.

Limiting the posibilities as a hardware unit by software feels like a marketing strategy it is just my opinion! If others feel well with buying this option thats fine.

I dont i get frustrated by owning something relying on software and paying for opening the doors......maybe im old fashioned

I pay for hardware but do not get the software thats what im saying unless i pay extra money for it

But after all i'm happy with the player as it is, no need for extra's

Edited once, last by questionaire (September 27, 2024 at 6:33 PM).

• It is expensive. I opted for Level 2 only. Only because of MORPH.
    In my case that’s making it function almost the way I like it:

Think of it this way. I bought the Kemper stage for around $2,300.00 worth every penny to me.

You are getting the Kemper player for $1,069.00 + $455.00 (updates) = $1,524.00

That's quite a bit cheaper than what I paid and you get all the sounds I love. I'm thinking about it just for the real estate that it will save me. The perfect studio/fly rig.

• Limiting the posibilities as a hardware unit by software feels like a marketing strategy it is just my opinion! If others feel well with buying this option thats fine.

I dont i get frustrated by owning something relying on software and paying for opening the doors......maybe im old fashioned

I pay for hardware but do not get the software thats what im saying unless i pay extra money for it

But after all i'm happy with the player as it is, no need for extra's

Software is what you pay for with Kemper. The differences in prices are really the features on the units (Powered, Remote, number of dials on the face of the unit) but they all function the same way. Now the Player offers the same functionality (minus Profiling) in a compact size. Thus the small price. When you compare the Stage vs Player w/Lvl 3 you save $600 with the Player.

You misinterpret size of the box with the all important software functionality.

If the Lvl 1 Player has all you need , then great too. I wanted all the features and effects that I have on my Rack. So for me the price is great to have everything in a small pedal format.

I think Kemper should also offer the Player Head/Rack versions for people that want the fewer features of the Player in a more traditional size.

Edited once, last by drog (September 27, 2024 at 6:54 PM).

• Software is what you pay for with Kemper. The differences in prices are really the features on the units (Powered, Remote, number of dials on the face of the unit) but they all function the same way. Now the Player offers the same functionality (minus Profiling) in a compact size. Thus the small price. When you compare the Stage vs Player w/Lvl 3 you save $600 with the Player.

You misinterpret size of the box with the all important software functionality.

ok maybe you are right about the size :) and it is good that i'm not forced to pay the upgrade

i'm really old fashioned i'm afraid i do not get used to software stuff and the way of selling

• I will say that the one place where Line6 got it right and Kemper and Eventide got it wrong is that the upgrade should be tied to the user and not the machine. I spent a fortune maxing out my H9s and when one got damaged, I was out of luck. At least with L6 I could transfer model packs to a new device if it got blown up.

Afterthought: Then again, mods usually stay with the amp and not the owner when he sells it so....I dunno..:/

• I will say that the one place where Line6 got it right and Kemper and Eventide got it wrong is that the upgrade should be tied to the user and not the machine. I spent a fortune maxing out my H9s and when one got damaged, I was out of luck. At least with L6 I could transfer model packs to a new device if it got blown up.

Afterthought: Then again, mods usually stay with the amp and not the owner when he sells it so....I dunno..:/

So what does happen when you want to sell and quit Kemper ? You've got a licence for level 2&3 with no Player and a potential buyer that has a restart level 1 unit, he has to pay for LVL 2&3....