kemper updates

• Certainly not "cheap"

From my perspective it is one of cheapest pieces for hi-quality equipment per year of usage I ever used. Given that KPA completely cured my GAS my Toaster already costs me on average ~$250 per year (clocking 8 years now - this is also known as ~$20 / month) and it is getting cheaper every year while gaining excellent new features every now and then. It requires big one-time investment but in a long run it is dirt cheap, IMHO.

• Yes, you are right. If kemper announces to stop updating the firmware, I can guarantee that kemper's product sales will immediately fall to the bottom. People will choose to buy them in the second-hand market.

The thing is, even if updates stopped today forever, the device as it is now is still one of the best values in the market based solely on sound. It would remain relevant for a long time to come. People still buy Access synths new without hesitation and those haven't received an update in...? When I first purchased the toaster, much of today's functionality was not added yet and it was worth every penny in its core function. All the updates and add-ons since then are just extra gravy. I don't think new sales would drop because of a lack of foreseeable expansion, especially when the price isn't that high to begin with.

• From my perspective it is one of cheapest pieces for hi-quality equipment per year of usage I ever used. Given that KPA completely cured my GAS my Toaster already costs me on average ~$250 per year (clocking 8 years now - this is also known as ~$20 / month) and it is getting cheaper every year while gaining excellent new features every now and then. It requires big one-time investment but in a long run it is dirt cheap, IMHO.

Absolutely. Factoring in price vs usable longevity I'd say the kemper is undervalued at its current price.

• The thing is, even if updates stopped today forever, the device as it is now is still one of the best values in the market based solely on sound. It would remain relevant for a long time to come. People still buy Access synths new without hesitation and those haven't received an update in...? When I first purchased the toaster, much of today's functionality was not added yet and it was worth every penny in its core function. All the updates and add-ons since then are just extra gravy. I don't think new sales would drop because of a lack of foreseeable expansion, especially when the price isn't that high to begin with.

You can let Kemper try your idea in 2024, where there are strong competitors everywhere.

• Since I have this wonderful tool, there have been so many updates,

I´ve purchaised my Kemper, to a time where even the performance mode wasn´t available then. It was delivered by an update. So many updates followed since then, sometimes with functions noone ever dreamed about before (e.g. the Morph function) and CK and his team never stopped to advance their product. They found new toys to improve it (Remote, Kabinet/Kone) or added new form factors (Rack, Stage) and even gave in to the desire of many of us and added the player and never stopped to support the Kemper product no#1.

Some time ago (and I mean a long time ago) I thought it was the best purchase i ever had and it can do all i need from an guitar amp/processor and more.

Now it can do so much more and it had become better than I have dreamed (liquid profiling) so for me it is time to say thank you Mr. Kemper!

I will enjoy every new update that will come and I am curious what brilliant ideas will follow, but for me it isn´t self-evident.

• Since I have this wonderful tool, there have been so many updates,

I´ve purchaised my Kemper, to a time where even the performance mode wasn´t available then. It was delivered by an update. So many updates followed since then, sometimes with functions noone ever dreamed about before (e.g. the Morph function) and CK and his team never stopped to advance their product. They found new toys to improve it (Remote, Kabinet/Kone) or added new form factors (Rack, Stage) and even gave in to the desire of many of us and added the player and never stopped to support the Kemper product no#1.

Some time ago (and I mean a long time ago) I thought it was the best purchase i ever had and it can do all i need from an guitar amp/processor and more.

Now it can do so much more and it had become better than I have dreamed (liquid profiling) so for me it is time to say thank you Mr. Kemper!

I will enjoy every new update that will come and I am curious what brilliant ideas will follow, but for me it isn´t self-evident.

This is also the reason why I will choose to join the Kemper camp this year.I am a new user attracted by Kemper's free firmware updates:D