Delay settings

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello Kemper family,

I have a question about delay settings. Is there a way to set my delays exactly like I want them? When I’m setting something for a dotted 8th I can’t get it to have the tempo I want. Even using the tap tempo button, I still can’t get it to be what I am wanting. I play at my church and certain songs will have a dotted 8th delay and the delay will have a certain gallop. It seems to me that we should be able to dial it in exactly. Please advise. Thanks.

David

• Apologies if you know this already, but when you activate tap tempo then the delay times are set in note values, not milliseconds. If you set dotted 8th as a note value, then the Kemper will definitely give you dotted 8ths - but of course you need to tap in some quarter notes so it knows the tempo.

• Many people find it difficult to set the exact delay time in Rig Manager as the mouse moves the knobs too quickly to get accurate results. However, if you press Shift while adjusting the delay time it gives you a slower (fine resolution) option which greatly improves the accuracy. Click and type values would be much better still but Kemper seem to be strongly against this concept so I don’t think we will ever get it unfortunately.

• Many people find it difficult to set the exact delay time in Rig Manager as the mouse moves the knobs too quickly to get accurate results. However, if you press Shift while adjusting the delay time it gives you a slower (fine resolution) option which greatly improves the accuracy. Click and type values would be much better still but Kemper seem to be strongly against this concept so I don’t think we will ever get it unfortunately.

I think Kemper mentioned that with natural knob's, like on amps and pedals, a person never does land exactly on the number they want. Say you want 50% then you may land on 49 or 51%. However, in the studio, I want to be exact. The shift+mouse does not always get me "exact". :(

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• New
    • Official Post

Hello Kemper family,

I have a question about delay settings. Is there a way to set my delays exactly like I want them? When I’m setting something for a dotted 8th I can’t get it to have the tempo I want. Even using the tap tempo button, I still can’t get it to be what I am wanting. I play at my church and certain songs will have a dotted 8th delay and the delay will have a certain gallop. It seems to me that we should be able to dial it in exactly. Please advise. Thanks.

David

dotted 8th note = 3/16th

the trick is to stay in the tempo where the delay actually IS a dotted 8th - it's very easy to adjust the tempo to make it an even 8th.
    you'll need a backing track to keep your playing in time, otherwise the pull towards straight 8th notes might be too much ;)