Question about the Player

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi guys. I am thinking about buying the Player. I own the Stage (and the powered speaker). I love it, but I gig in small bars and there is little room on the floor. Also the tapdancing drives me insane. The small unit seems great. I have a Hotone stomp. Right size but even worse to switch presets. It is chaotic.

I would love to use oKemperne clean sound of the , a seperate OD pedal and a 2 button footswitch. 1 to turn a chorus on and off and 1 to switch the overall volume of the rig without altering the sound. The Hotone has an equalizer which you can switch on and off (end of the signal chain). I leave the eq flat, but it has a volume slider. Which I use to boost the overall volume a bit.

Can the Player also do this? Or someting similair. This setup would give me minimal stuff at my feet. Just the 2 button switch and the OD pedal. Great for small pubs.

• Hi Steven,

I have just started using a player for gigs, You can definitely have it set up with a two-button switch to turn on and off a chorus, I'll have to double check about the volume boost later when I have mine in front of me.

I use a Morningstar midi controller with the kemper player which gives me a lot of flexibility which I would recommend as you can control a lot of things on the player with it.

• Hi Marco thanks!

I just want less options/switches. Could use a volume/wah pedal, but then I would not be able to switch the the chorus on and of.

3 buttons on stage would ne great in some situations. I guess the Hotone could do that, but I love my Kemper sounds.

• Fair enough Steve,

I would recommend setting footswitch 1 to rig down, footswitch two to turn on and off your chorus, and then footswitch three rig up. Then, set rig one to be your normal clean, and rig two to be exactly the same amp just with say 3db more on your output, or rig volume, or even our booster engaged that will give you a volume boost. This would only be the three footswitches on the device itself. You could set up the two button footswitch to engage tuner and maybe something like a delay, or reverb on and off depending on what you need.

This is all assuming you only use the one amp sound!

I hope this is helpful!

• I have the kemper 2 button with my player and it'll work fine. For the boost you can just assign the graphic eq to one of the post slots and punch in what level you need, then just assign one of the switches to it and the other to the chorus block. Any 2 button will do as long as the switches themselves are non-latching I believe.

• That is just what I needed to know thanks. It does mean I have to choose between delay and reverb right? Only 2 slots after the rig.?

Actually if your only running a clean amp profile you might want to try the delay in mono right before the amp stack/chorus/reverb. Depending on how long they are it can keep your delay trails from getting re-modulated. Also for a clean profile you can get good results with the clean boost or eq before the amp as well as long as the amp isnt too gainy.

Edited once, last by dfdfan (September 6, 2024 at 6:13 AM).