what's next

• I think I’ve had my toaster for 10 years now and the communication regarding updates has differed a little back and forth in that time. They either say nothing, take ages then drop something decent. Or they show something at a show, take ages then drop something decent. If they do the first, they’re being slow and secretive. If they do the other we have folks saying ‘where is it, it’s late?’.

Easier for me due to having seen it both ways and knowing that, whatever, the upgrades are always better than expected when they finally happen so it’s all good. I have been looking forward to a better tremolo for a loooooong time (it’s one of the first things I noticed was a step down from my strymon flint way back when). But since that time, my toaster has now got delays, reverbs, fuzz, overdrives that I am really happy with for free. Although I’d like it if they dropped tomorrow, I’m ok with it taking time as I have confidence my excited anticipation will be justified. This has been a ten year thing for me so a little longer really isn’t an issue.

Same here. Every update has given added value to the product I’ve owned since 2016 and my Kemper is infinitely better now than it was then. I’ve had three iPhones in the same period of time.

• Tuner in rig manager

Better chorus effects with more options

More liquids

Ability to merge 2 effects in 1 "box". This will save a lot of space.

I also expected more liquids after the launch !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Having expectations regarding Kemper's improvements seems to lead to dissapointment in this forum. My approach is to use what is available. If they never make another improvement, it will be good enough for me.

I have a a powered toaster mounted in a SKB modular case, with a remote and a GOOD PA monitor wedge. I remove the front and back covers and all the cabling is already in place and simply needs to be connected. It makes for a quick setup with a single cable to the remote co-located with my mic stand. I don't want the AC cable at the front as mentioned. I replaced the remote cable with a high quality flexible cable since the Kemper version is pretty much garbage. I feed a mono send to the FOH. Having a good wedge allows for me to monitor with the same general quality as what the audience is hearing and my profile adjustments are minimized this way.

• Having expectations regarding Kemper's improvements seems to lead to dissapointment in this forum. My approach is to use what is available. If they never make another improvement, it will be good enough for me.

Some here are disappointed cause they wait for stuffs (for years) that never come, and i assume that C.K. thinks it's unecessary so, it's not ready to come....

But usually, Kemper says nothing and we have (very) good surprises ; The Player was the last one : no teaser (or so close from marketing).... We never know what they gonna launch : Kone/Imprint, Liquid...

IMO, the main critism is that many things were announced in January and nothing comes 8 months later.

Some wait for new tremolo square FXs and some for unlock player's features....

I think they're late and they had to work on software before but it's gonna come.... I'm impatient too but not disappointed :);)

• Wow, I am really trying to understand what the secret plan behind Nano Cortex is. :/:?:

There's no secret plan, but how I see it that the nano is even more limited than the player ...

If Kemper would launch extra features so it's limitations are "vanished", ppl would choose this over the nano.

Unlike the market where these stripped versions are intended for, a lot (me included) would rather see this as a standalone unit instead of a pedalboard addition. For me personally if they would include morphing I could gig with the player and it's 3 buttons.

less fx or choices from these effects are less important for me

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• There's no secret plan, but how I see it that the nano is even more limited than the player ...

If Kemper would launch extra features so it's limitations are "vanished", ppl would choose this over the nano.

Unlike the market where these stripped versions are intended for, a lot (me included) would rather see this as a standalone unit instead of a pedalboard addition. For me personally if they would include morphing I could gig with the player and it's 3 buttons.

less fx or choices from these effects are less important for me

Raf

I’m curious about the "secret plan" because, as I see it now, Nano is a disappointment. For me, the Kemper Player is already much better, and as you mentioned, with extra features unlocked, it would be light years ahead.

• Both the KPP and Nano Cortex compete in the same product category, where their capabilities and limitations are, in some way, equivalent. What stands out in this competition is the NC's price of $500. In my opinion, it would be ideal for Kemper to unlock all the functionalities, blocks, and effects of the larger models in the KPP, except for the capture function, to better justify this $200 difference.

• Both the KPP and Nano Cortex compete in the same product category, where their capabilities and limitations are, in some way, equivalent. What stands out in this competition is the NC's price of $500. In my opinion, it would be ideal for Kemper to unlock all the functionalities, blocks, and effects of the larger models in the KPP, except for the capture function, to better justify this $200 difference.

As someone who paid full rip for a Head/Remote - I’d be more than a little pissed if the Player got everything for so little.

This isn't going to happen for what should be obvious reasons. Perhaps Kemper should ship the player with some additional cash in the box? They could pay you to take it. That would be a blow to the competition. ;)

• As someone who paid full rip for a Head/Remote - I’d be more than a little pissed if the Player got everything for so little.

I completely agree with your point. An idea I discussed with a friend is that users who already own a registered Kemper head, rack, or stage — like myself — could unlock all additional features on the KPP if registered under the same account, making the Rigs fully compatible. Paid upgrades would remain available for KPP-only users.

Indeed, the Nano Cortex is quite limited in terms of the number of effects. I’ve just now seen its features and specifications. You really can’t compare the products 1:1, and the KPP is, without a doubt, a more complete solution. The Nano Cortex only real advantage is the ability to do captures.

• This isn't going to happen for what should be obvious reasons. Perhaps Kemper should ship the player with some additional cash in the box? They could pay you to take it. That would be a blow to the competition. ;)

Wouldn't that be great? :D:D:D

I've only just realized that the NC is very limited, which explains its lower price. I take back what I said in my first comment ;)