Increase the name length for importing IR files

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Would it be possible to increase the size available for importing IR files into Rig Manager? It seems to currently be 19 characters, but typical IR file names can be much longer.

For example V30 212 O Hi-Gn All+Room Stereo Celestion.wav from Celestion and just about anything from Ownhammer, etc.

If there are many to import, renaming them all in advance can be a bit of work. If not renamed, it seems that the imports will fail if the first 19 characters overlap.

• i think the display on the profiler has the limit of 19 characters.

so you have to batch rename the IRs in a way you can read it on the display.

Owning a Player that does not have the display, I am not sure the following point is consistent, but..

the "rig name" in the rig manager can be 32 characters long and I assume is somehow shown in the same display

• I don’t use IR much as I use mainly studio profiles with a cabinet baked in. However, prior to getting my Kemper I did purchase a couple pf IR packs to use with plugins and my real amps via a load box. At one point I thought it would be inte To try the OwnHammer IRs with my Kemper. However, after loading them all in Rig Manager it very quickly became apparent that they were rendered useless as they all effectively had the same name due to the 19 character limit. Increasing the name length probably won’t make any difference for me personally (as I still don’t expect to use IR) but I would definitely like to see the number of characters increased as I realise how limiting it is to other users.

• G String July 30, 2024 at 8:59 AM

Closed the thread.