Was the Kemper powered cab discontinued and I just missed the announcement?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

At some point, I hope to purchase a Kemper powered cab. I usually purchase gear from Sweetwater on a no-interest payment plan. However, Sweetwater sells every Kemper product except the powered cab, and the unpowered cab they supposedly do sell is always backordered. I've never seen the Kemper online store have the powered cab available to purchase either. There are also none available on Reverb. Perhaps the cabs were discontinued and I missed the announcement? Wasn't it released in 2021? I figured three years later, even if they were immensely popular and sold out quickly, the supply would now be able to meet demand. I hesitated to ask here about it, for if it were available tomorrow, I'd still need to wait to afford it. But if it has been discontinued, I might set my sights on something else. There are other cube-shaped FRFRs designed to use with all-in-one guitar products, but I'd prefer to get the Kemper one if they still make them.

• Go to Best Answer
  • I just had a look at the Kemper online shop, the powered cab looks available to me, and they offer worldwide shipping too.

I bought my powered cabs from the Kemper online shop. Maybe it’s different in other parts of the world (I’m in the UK), but whilst the various models of Profiler can be bought from several different UK shops, none of them sell the cabinets (powered or passive). For the cabs I had to buy direct from Kemper. No idea why retailers in the UK can supply Profilers but not Kabinets.

• Available down under from retailers, strange it’s not for other countries.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Available down under from retailers, strange it’s not for other countries.

Interesting. I'm in the US, which is what the store shows. I hadn't considered that availability is regionally based, as it's not like they're going to ship each unit al-a-carte across an ocean when ordered; they either have them available in certain countries/continents or not. But, yes, at least when I've checked from time to time, I don't believe I have ever seen the powered cab available from the KPA store in the US.

• Right now, everything except a refurbished passive Kabinet shows as out of stock in the US.

If they'd stopped selling them - they'd just remove them from the US-based store.

Email, chat or call them. They're not going to answer here.

• Interesting. I'm in the US, which is what the store shows. I hadn't considered that availability is regionally based, as it's not like they're going to ship each unit al-a-carte across an ocean when ordered; they either have them available in certain countries/continents or not. But, yes, at least when I've checked from time to time, I don't believe I have ever seen the powered cab available from the KPA store in the US.

I haven’t looked recently, but I bought my powered kabs from the US Kemper Store back in late 2021 or early 2022.

• So perhaps my question should be: have they stopped selling them in the US?

As someone else suggested, probably a good idea to contact Kemper and ask them. Us fellow Kemper users can only guess at availability of the powered Kabinet, they can give you a definitive answer.

I’d be surprised if they were discontinued, I think they are an excellent product. a pair of them go so well with the Stage.

• Grooguit June 19, 2024 at 1:02 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • I buy most of my gear through Sweetwater. I got the powered rackmount, controller, and passive Kab through them. I suspect they don't sell the powered kab because of not being able to keep enough in stock. You can ask your salesman about it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.