How long does it take for a Player to update via USB thumbdrive

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi all,

Hope I could get some help here;

Just wanted to know how long it should take for the 10.9.8 firmware update via thumbdrive/USB.

It has been flashing on 1 LED and both FX buttons for a while now.

Thanks!

• What’s a while?, I’ve never timed it but somewhere between 5 and 8 minutes seems to me.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Official Post

The two FX 1 and FX buttons plus the first LED of the row are blinking yellow for a few seconds, then the row shows more yellow reflecting the progress. This takes perhaps a minute. In the next phase FX 1 and FX 2 are unlit and the row builds up from left tor right in white color. This is perhaps another minute or two.

• Maybe you are experiencing the same problem as I did before, try the following sequence, it may help you

--First, hold the FX 1 button together with the FX 2 button (not the knobs!) while connecting the Player to electrical power.

--Next, plug the USB flash drive with koas.bin into the PROFILER Player.

At this point, the player will be able to do the system upgrade properly.

• Official Post

Maybe you are experiencing the same problem as I did before, try the following sequence, it may help you

--First, hold the FX 1 button together with the FX 2 button (not the knobs!) while connecting the Player to electrical power.

--Next, plug the USB flash drive with koas.bin into the PROFILER Player.

At this point, the player will be able to do the system upgrade properly.

There is no need to do things in this order.

• There is no need to do things in this order.

I don't know what kind of problem I'm having, in fact, I've tried many times to get the system update to work properly via USB flash drive only by following the order as described above, and it's the same every time.

If you follow the order of the instructions, it will stay at the initial stage forever and do nothing.

My usb flash drive was purchased new and it went through a proper formatting operation, though I can't rule out that it is perhaps faulty?

I will try another usb flash drive if I get the chance!

• I don't know what kind of problem I'm having, in fact, I've tried many times to get the system update to work properly via USB flash drive only by following the order as described above, and it's the same every time.

If you follow the order of the instructions, it will stay at the initial stage forever and do nothing.

My usb flash drive was purchased new and it went through a proper formatting operation, though I can't rule out that it is perhaps faulty?

Same here. Updating via USB never worked for me. I'll try this trick next time.

• I’m well over a decade this has happened 3 times to me, it was always the usb drive. The KPA seems very fussy, make sure you use a reputable brand.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I don't know what kind of problem I'm having, in fact, I've tried many times to get the system update to work properly via USB flash drive only by following the order as described above, and it's the same every time.

Guys, I think I've solved the problem.

The usb flash drive is not damaged, it works fine on computers and car players, but it just doesn't work properly on players (including my KPA) following the official steps, which is really quite magical!

During the day I tried two other different usb flash drives and they were able to work properly following the official steps!