Posts by Burkhard

The initial comments seem to be related to a misunderstanding. Confusion between a stored Performance and the edited Performance, that sits in the edit buffer. The edit buffer survives a restart intentionally. So if you start the unit and see Performance 8, it's not necessarily as it is stored. It is as it was left when the PROFILER was shut down. So if it is different compared to the stored state, that doesn't mean anything has been "overwritten". Just reload the stored Performance.

vitopetroni What you describe seems more related to corrupted data. After the update the PROFILER might have performed an integrity check and deleted corrupted data. That was then replaced by the default Rig "Crunch".

You can try to recover data by mounting a PROFILER backup in Rig Manager. This way you can pick item by item (Performances, Rigs, presets) and copy into your PROFILER.

This is no generic OS issue. Please open a support ticket and be specific:

Are you using the PROFILER standalone? Is there an issue when you edit and store without Rig Manager?

If this only happens with Rig Manager, which Rig Manager version on which platform is it?

Are you aware of the following manual paragraph?

• While navigating Slots within a Performance via the <PAGE> buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.
    • As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.
    • However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.

The MIDI comands to load Rigs (program changes), switch effect modules (control changes), control Wah and Volume Pedal, trigger TAP, activate/deactivate Tuner Mode are very basic and generally compatible between Player and other PROFILER models. Some functions don't exist at the Player. Examples: effect module C, no Morphing, no pitch pedal effects and no Pitch Pedal.... So MIDI controls related to such functions are meaningless and get ignored. But since the MIDI board can configured you could change numbers to something meaningful.

Are your sure your dual switch meets our specifications? It needs to be momentary (non latching) and normally open. The issue you describe could be explained by a switch, which is normally closed. So the moment the Player detects the switch it interprets the closed contacts as if you hit the button and performs the switching function.

I checked the Mesa Boogie Road King 2 manual and for me it's not exactly clear, which signal this output is delivering - at least in the German manual.

The manual says on page 18, that this signal is sourced at the speaker output, which would imply, that it includes the distortion of the built in tube power amp. This would be conceptually similar to our Direct PROFILEs picked via DI box, which you then play back through a neutral power amp e.g. the class-D amp of PowerHead and PowerRack into your guitar speaker cabinet.

If the signal is really picked at the input of the built-in tube power amp, it doesn't include its power amp distortion, which would make more sense to feed another tube power amp, because you don't want to have the tube power amp distortion twice.

titijo Since you own a Stage, are you aware, that the Stage offers two effect loops? The easiest explanation for your scenario is that you connected your gear to the upper loop and configured the lower loop in your Rigs or vice verse. As soon as you activate the loop, the signal chain is broken.

As far as I see and know, the Mongoose has just one MIDI output socket. It's connected to the PROFILER MIDI INPUT via one cable and doesn't support our special bi-directional protocol like for example Uno4Kemper or RJM Mastermind do.

In that case - just for the understanding - there is no handshake taking place between both devices. The PROFILER doesn't "recognize" the Mongooze. It just receives a MIDI messages and executes it. Each message is a one off. While the Mongoose isn't sending anything, the receiving device doesn't know it's there.

If you have checked the cable already - I guess the second cable is a backup - I see two possibilites:

Either the Mongoose isn't sending what you expect.

Or it is sending a message, which is on another MIDI Channel than the PROFILER is set to or is not meaningful in that situation. If you for example send MIDI program changes # in Browser Mode which are not assigned to any Rig, there is nothing to do for the PROFILER. The same applies, if you send a MIDI program change # in Performance Mode associated with a Slot which is disabled. Or if you send a MIDI control change to activate an effect module that is empty in the Rig currently loaded.

Perhaps you have another device to test with. I personally use a freeware MIDI OX on my PC. Since new PROFILER OS versions do support USB MIDI no special adapter is needed. You can send MIDI messages to your PROFILER and test it. It's more transparent than a MIDI controller black box.

I'm assuming your PROFILER is up and running, because if it is hanging or in any error state, it won't process MIDI.

You can load any of the 50 Rigs store in the Player sending a simple program change # 1-50.

You cannot trigger FX1 and FX2 via MIDI, which are no effects in itself. FX 1/2 are assigned to effect modules by Rig and you can toggle those directly via MIDI control changes e.g. CC#17 toggles module A and CC# 18 toggles module B. Module DLY can be toggled with CC# 27 (with spillover) and CC #38 (without spillover).

You can also trigger the Effect Buttons I-IIII via MIDI. These are virtual effect switches, which can be assigned by Rig (similar like FX1/FX2). But these have wider capabilities: These can toggle multiple modules, and these can trigger Action&Freese functions like Rotary Speaker Speed. The Effect Buttons are triggered with CC# 75-78.

All this information can be found in the Player's Main Manual chapter MIDI.

These text and graphics are in the Main Manual on page 342:

To use it (Rig Manager iOS) with PROFILER Head, PROFILER Rack, PROFILER PowerHead, and PROFILER PowerRack, you must connect that PROFILER to your network with an Ethernet cable.

To simultaneously use a PROFILER Remote, the Remote needs to be connected to the same network via a PoE injector or hub.

If you connect your tablet or smartphone to the same network as your PROFILER and start Rig Manager, it will find any active PROFILER units in the network, and then allow you to choose which unit Rig Manager should connect to.

Thomas Dill is the professional who created all official KEMPER tutorials plus the Rigs for the Legends Tribute Collections. Under his own brand “dillrigs” he offers ready-to-rock Rigs with self-created Liquid Profiles based on amp classics as well as some rare beauties. His offerings are sorted by musical genres and include effects that match the respective style. For all you guitarists who want to spend more time playing instead of editing.

This pack includes 20 Rigs - all Liquid Profiles! You find this pack within Rig Manager at the end of the list of Rig packs as well as at the KEMPER download page.

The Line6 pedals are modified for two contacts and custom. I'm not sure if and how these can be used as standard expression pedal, which have three contacts. I suggest, you try with an expression pedal, which is in line with standard expression pedal specs.