Stage Profiler Question about Headphone volume while using volume pedal at heel position

• Hi guys,

I have a Profiler Stage, an expression pedal (volume) and a Powered Kabinet. Got a question: I'd like to know if it's possible to have signal coming out of the headphones jack while the volume pedal is at the heel position (off). The reason I ask is that my guitars are a bit finicky when it comes to intonation. I do use the Tuner function, of course, but I like to hear the guitar while I'm tuning it (but I don't want the audience to hear the tuning process coming out of my Powered Kabinet). Is that possible to achieve?

P.S. I'm aware that I could just walk over to my Powered Kabinet and turn down the volume on the speaker itself. But I'd like to avoid having to do that if possible.

Thank you.

• Two ideas:

1. Instead of configuring your expression pedal as Volume Pedal, you could configure it as Monitor Output Volume pedal. In this case it would just control the volume of the signal driving your KEMPER Power Kabinet. However, if you intend to also use the MAIN OUT to for example feed FOH or if you need more sophisticated Volume Pedal functions like Location and Range, this is a crotch.

2. Or you plug your headphones into SEND 1 instead of HEADPHONE OUT and set its Output Source to "Git Analog". Git Analog delivers the unprocessed guitar signal and is not impacted by Volume Pedal. If you plug your standard stereo headphones adapter into this mono TS output, you will hear a signal at one side of your headphones only. If that is not sufficient, you could build an adapter, which feeds the mono signal into both sides of your headphones. The analog guitar signal is mono anyhow.

• Two ideas:

1. Instead of configuring your expression pedal as Volume Pedal, you could configure it as Monitor Output Volume pedal. In this case it would just control the volume of the signal driving your KEMPER Power Kabinet. However, if you intend to also use the MAIN OUT to for example feed FOH or if you need more sophisticated Volume Pedal functions like Location and Range, this is a crotch.

2. Or you plug your headphones into SEND 1 instead of HEADPHONE OUT and set its Output Source to "Git Analog". Git Analog delivers the unprocessed guitar signal and is not impacted by Volume Pedal. If you plug your standard stereo headphones adapter into this mono TS output, you will hear a signal at one side of your headphones only. If that is not sufficient, you could build an adapter, which feeds the mono signal into both sides of your headphones. The analog guitar signal is mono anyhow.

Thanks for the ideas Burkhard. Since I will be using the MAIN OUT to feed FOH, I might explore option 2. Thanks again.

• Two ideas:

So I tried using option 2 (using SEND 1 for a headphone out). It seems to work, but the problem is that the volume of the unprocessed guitar signal is very low. So low that it's very hard to hear it at all, in a noisy place (like a gig with the crowd noise, or even during rehearsal, with other band members playing their instruments here and there).

I appreciate that idea... any other suggestions as to how to get more volume level? Thanks.

• So I tried using option 2 (using SEND 1 for a headphone out). It seems to work, but the problem is that the volume of the unprocessed guitar signal is very low. So low that it's very hard to hear it at all, in a noisy place (like a gig with the crowd noise, or even during rehearsal, with other band members playing their instruments here and there).

I appreciate that idea... any other suggestions as to how to get more volume level? Thanks.

you could add a cheap little headphone amp. It doesn’t need to be anything high quality as you aren’t using it for audiophile listening.

something like this would be fine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-HA40…aps%2C87&sr=8-3

• I had a small cheap headphone amp (Samson) at home and thought it was good enough because I was hearing exactly the same as from the Kemper direct, then I've got a mid level Mackie rack unit (less than 200 bucks)....what of a difference! (Same cans).

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better