can someone help me with updates on my KPA ? I am in Illinois

• Do you update the kemper?

no , I have not been well, had lots of Dr visits , & test's, ( no virus ) just old age ,diabetes , blood pressure ect, I did buy a 16 g thumb drive, also purch MBritt 2020 pak . I need to get a longer ethernet wire , maybe try this weekend , but I really don't have much confidence in success , as it was a pain the last time I tried 4 or 5 yrs ago , thanks for asking , have a great day

• I m happy to read that you don`t have the virus

Why do you need a longer Ethernet wire?

I find this video is not the best explainer but work
    Kemper usb

If you have problem maybe I can help you with remote pc or send me the usb drive and you only will need to put in your kemper

• I m happy to read that you don`t have the virus

Why do you need a longer Ethernet wire?

I find this video is not the best explainer but work
    Kemper usb

If you have problem maybe I can help you with remote pc or send me the usb drive and you only will need to put in your kemper

thank you very much, I can send you the usb drive, if that works for you, roger

• What version of the OS is in your KPA?

From the Kemper website:

If your PROFILER™ is operating under a software revision older than 1.8.2 release, it cannot be upgraded to current software in one step. Please upgrade to 1.8.2 release first, and then take a second step and upgrade to current software.

I can not see the video either, but I just checked again & I have public beta 3.1.2,

• What version of the OS is in your KPA?

From the Kemper website:

If your PROFILER™ is operating under a software revision older than 1.8.2 release, it cannot be upgraded to current software in one step. Please upgrade to 1.8.2 release first, and then take a second step and upgrade to current software.

Yeah, that's why I asked him in post #5, Paul (see below). Turns out it's not a concern anyway, but I imagine you went through the same thought process I did when I tried to think of any gotchas in order to make the update as simple as possible for him.

Actually, there is one necessary interim step if the OS is older than v1.8.2 Release, Alan. The OP hasn't used his Profiler for 4 years so if he was up-to-date at that time, this shouldn't matter to him.

For those who might be interested, this is explained in the v5 manual:

From Reference Manual 5.0

Usually, you can update to the latest operating system in one step. However, if the operating system currently installed on your Profiler should happen to be older than 1.8.2 Release, you need to take an interim step, and upgrade to that operating system version first. Leaving this step out might lead to an error.

There is of course a chance that this interim step is no longer required when updating to the latest FW version, but I've seen no mention of it since the days when it was necessary.

• Roger, do you have Skype/Facetime/Zoom/whatever? I'm pretty sure someone could guide you via videochat and you'd be up and running in about 15 minutes.

hi , no do not , I am phone stupid , I call it the smarter than me phone. I only use it for phone , camera , & barely text, I have been playing guitar for 45yrs , & don't have 1 song on my phone, & now I just started back to work 14 -16 hr days with very little down time , I sent a usb to mickey , that he is gonna install latest update on , will see if I can get it done , thank you for your reply & have good one , roger