michael britt

• Well, if it's not a joke, it's either the highest order of either honesty or stupidity.
    But if it is a joke, lacking facial mannerisms and body language, that's what emoticons are for.
    Even as a joke though, it's kind of a putdown on the Kemper price point. Lose-Lose.

Bottom line, it's not cool to steal commercial products, so much so, it's not even cool to joke about it.

• Ill go with that Robman! Seems harsh in an open forum .There are many ( I would venture to say) that are trading / swopping paid for profiles Im sure but Like all things in a good system , one has the right to complain and the right to ignore what is said so.......... Best to leave it to those with the power I guess.

• Whilst I'm sure commercial profiles are traded for free out there, that doesn't make it right.

This *isn't* an open forum - it's a moderated forum that is owned and run by Kemper and you have to actually own a profiler to access all the sections. As well as having a mini-business selling profiles, MBritt has also provided profiles directly to Kemper which are included directly in the newer softwares so there will probably be a professional business arrangement of some kind between Michael and Kemper.

For this reason, the initial request was kind of like buying a top-end Sony Hifi and then joining the Sony forum and saying in your first post 'Hi guys, I've just blown a whole load of cash on my new Hifi. Any chance you guys can share the Sony Back Catalogue of artists with me for free because I can't afford them'.

I've had a great deal of fun and enjoyment from my Kemper and it's been made better by the commercial profiles I've bought. These guys don't make a killing out of it and the last thing I want to do is discourage them from continuing. There is a lot of competition out there and, now more than ever, it's important to support the guys with the small amounts they are asking for and to discourage sharing. Ultimately, we all lose out because the day it stops being cost effective is the day they stop making killer profiles for us all.

I'm not a fan of banning people but I can't see how Kemper had any option under the circumstances - they can't be seen to condone it for the above reasons. If a person wants to be a member on a private forum that has links with several of the commercial guys out there, it's obvious that they need to be respectful of the relationship and not ask for free commercial profiles. Also note that GString said, fairly, that the OP is free to write to him to attempt to reverse the ban. Hopefully the OP will be able to do that and join a very helpful place that (hopefully you can understand) wants to help everyone from the newbie right through to the commercial profilers..... It can't help a new guy at the expense of another forum member which is what it would be doing if the request for freebies was condoned.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhxmTweMO8

• Hey Kemper Community.

As you can see, my ban has been lifted. I just want to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise
    for my comment. It really was just a joke. But a joke in bad taste nevertheless. I wasn't really going to steal on the public Kemper forum for everyone to see. That would just be idiotic.I thought that be apparent. Therefore believe me when I say I was joking. But I totally get that in the fashion my comments were typed, does little to back me up. If you get to know me or have seen my live act, you would understand that i'm always joking around. I respect the work Kemper and Michael Britt has done and understand the effort that has gone into it. I will promote their work wherever I go and praise its excellence. Its hard to translate how I really feel because were not sitting face to face. That was the problem with my previous comments. Nobody could see that I was really just fooling around. I'm amazed by this product and cant wait to play live with it. I was so embarrassed that I got banned on my fist day after I could even ask a question. But I applaud Kemper for doing so. It shows that that they value the Kemper community. Being a musician myself I have felt the struggles with piracy and don't condone it.

So please find it in your hearts to forgive me and lest make beautiful music for the world with our Kempers.

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play with my Kemper and scroll through the Michael Britt pack(which is excellent and I bought it legally)

Regards,Roelof

• Now, leave the Wolf alone...case closed. Welcome!

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Takes a big guy to apologize like that. Kudos!

I like to joke around a lot so I understand.
    I find that the darkness of humor being accepted is inverse to how well you are known to the group.
    So as people get to know you and your style, this type of humor will have the proper perspective you intended.

All is forgiven, brother, welcome to the community!