Feature request: Favourite tags

• Hello!

I really would like to see a way to save tags in RM which are used often. For example: I have four tube amps in my studio and I often do profiles of them. Wouldn't it be nice if you could save the names of your amps and have a dropdown menu in the "manufacturer" and "model" field like in the "instrument" field? This way you don't have to type the name of your amps all the time and also you'll always use the exact same description. If this would work for every box, I'd be very happy :thumbup:

Greetz

• Hello,

While this feature is not implemented, you can always save the tags you often use in either a text file or an OpenOffice or Excel sheet
    so that you can perform some copy/paste from this sheet to Rig Manager tags instead of typing them manually

Bye,

Laurent

• Hello!

I really would like to see a way to save tags in RM which are used often. For example: I have four tube amps in my studio and I often do profiles of them. Wouldn't it be nice if you could save the names of your amps and have a dropdown menu in the "manufacturer" and "model" field like in the "instrument" field? This way you don't have to type the name of your amps all the time and also you'll always use the exact same description. If this would work for every box, I'd be very happy :thumbup:

Greetz

I think a Star rating system would be great that way you could organize profiles by rating and the ones with 5 stars would be easy to find :)

• Would the following option work for you?

Crate one or more subfolders in the Local Library folder, and drag there the amps you want to have always at hand.
    You could create a folder per project/artist name, or per brand, or both, or whatever.

• Would the following option work for you?

Crate one or more subfolders in the Local Library folder, and drag there the amps you want to have always at hand.
    You could create a folder per project/artist name, or per brand, or both, or whatever.

Yeah I also sort my rigs in folders, but the tagging system is very handy and flexible. Folders are no substitute (but still very important!).

• Maybe it's a generational thing, but I prefer to have my Marshalls in a folder than having to perform a search or to order by amp type and then scroll.
    The most serious limitation in this respect IMO is that you can't actually copy a rig in a folder, but have to move it. At the same time, if a ring is already present in your db, you can't add it to a new folder the way you'd do on a computer X/

• Hello!

Greetz

You could just use a profile you already made from the amp you're about to profile as a starting point - then most of the tags will already be correct.

also, when you are tagging - you can use the COPY and PASTE buttons. COPY stores up to ten entries and pressing PASTE cycles through them.