Profiler OS 11.1.2/11.1.3 Beta Thread discussion

• PETERFR October 8, 2024 at 12:15 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Profiler OS 11.1.2 Beta Thread discussion” to “Profiler OS 11.1.2/11.1.3 Beta Thread discussion”.
  • Same here that the FX and Stomps are all still 'black' even when those blocks are not engaged. I'm hoping kemper adds another LCD layout so the user can toggle between how it was previously and what it looks like now. It's hard to read the status on the remote from any kind of distance, and on the profile in browser mode having all of the blocks bold/black doesn't make any sense at all. At least on the remote you now can see what switch is assigned to each FX/Stomp but it's so small and hard to read from any distance.

• I can see both sides of this .

On the one hand, the KPa/Stage have block status indicators on the LCD so it is strange that they don’t work anymore. I’m fairly sure thats a bug which they will fix but have had higher priorities with the Player App problem until now. No that is fixed this might get moved up the list.

On the other hand the LCD only needs to display the name of the effect on the KPA/Stage as on/off status is even easier to slot from the dedicated on/off buttons which are laid out in the signal path and light up bright white so are visible from further away than anything.

I actually think the new Remote layout is an improvement and would definitely like to keep it but I can also see why others might not like it. Adding an option checkbox would be nice as we could all decide what works best for us.

• I can see both sides of this .

On the one hand, the KPa/Stage have block status indicators on the LCD so it is strange that they don’t work anymore. I’m fairly sure thats a bug which they will fix but have had higher priorities with the Player App problem until now. No that is fixed this might get moved up the list.

On the other hand the LCD only needs to display the name of the effect on the KPA/Stage as on/off status is even easier to slot from the dedicated on/off buttons which are laid out in the signal path and light up bright white so are visible from further away than anything.

I actually think the new Remote layout is an improvement and would definitely like to keep it but I can also see why others might not like it. Adding an option checkbox would be nice as we could all decide what wprks best for us.

what LCD layout are you using with the remote?

• LCD layout B

It's much easier to see in real life than the photo makes it look. In that phot Block A plus Delay and Reverb are active.everything is is inactive.

i do like that we can now see the button assignment, but I'm hoping we can keep that and also go back to the entire block turning black when engaged and unhighlighted when disengaged.