Profile vanish

• New
    • Official Post

Yes, the selected View would be the easiest explanation.

Or have youn performed a downgrade of the PROFILER OS? Under specific conditions Rig stored with a new OS are not listed under an older OS. But these will reappear as soon as you update the OS again.

• I can check that out. To be honest though, I’m scared to do any updates. The two times that I tried that, I ended up having problems. The first time I tried it, the download stopped mid download and crashed my Kemper. I had to do a factory reset. The second time I did it, I downloaded the update on a USB flash drive. It seemed to work at first, but a week or two after, my Kemper crashed again. I had to do a Factory reset again. Something is going wrong, but I don’t know what it is. I actually thought I had gotten a bad Kemper when it happened the first time, so I had Sweetwater to replace it. But then I had problems again on my replacement. I’d say there’s a logical explanation for it, but I sure don’t know what it is.

Thanks for the helpful advise though. I’m sure I would benefit from being able to do updates on my Kemper, but I’m sure you can understand why I am apprehensive.

• I can check that out. To be honest though, I’m scared to do any updates. The two times that I tried that, I ended up having problems. The first time I tried it, the download stopped mid download and crashed my Kemper. I had to do a factory reset. The second time I did it, I downloaded the update on a USB flash drive. It seemed to work at first, but a week or two after, my Kemper crashed again. I had to do a Factory reset again. Something is going wrong, but I don’t know what it is. I actually thought I had gotten a bad Kemper when it happened the first time, so I had Sweetwater to replace it. But then I had problems again on my replacement. I’d say there’s a logical explanation for it, but I sure don’t know what it is.

Thanks for the helpful advise though. I’m sure I would benefit from being able to do updates on my Kemper, but I’m sure you can understand why I am apprehensive.

Understand the apprehension but that is unusual.

Obviously backup first then you are always "safe". The latest firmware versions ( not Beta) are also likely to be the most stable ( or -1) because they have fixes in them so I would always push for later versions anyway.

I did a recent upgrade on my player and it didn;t work and the usb lead was simple loose so it can be other things is my point.