• It does seem to fill a spot for people who wants a simpler capturing device. Nothing else seem to do that.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Any decent product manager will have done the needed experiments and research to confirm that assumption in advance before jumping into production. And I assume Neural has done so too :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well, if I'm looking for something just for recording, I'd rather run a software plugin, e.g. from Neural DSP ;) and not a small landmine with two buttons.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Capturing as in capturing profiles or the like.

• Regarding the effects, I don't know.. Maybe they will add some with payment upgrade, same as Kemper will probably do with our Player. In my case, what keep the Player still on first place are the footswitches. I am really looking forward for them to add the function 1+2 and 2+3. In this way you have access to all 5 rigs without midi, and you can use it as a very compact machine, interchangeably with the others (e.g. Toaster at home and player at rehearsal). However, this function (footswitch 1+2 & 2+3) was stated already in the first user manual before I bought it in january, but still is not present after almost 10 months....

• kemper will do that, just needs a update. Ports are there

Hehe yeah maybe. And a name change :)

• I was eyeing a Quad Cortex for a couple of months, but never pulled the trigger. I ended up buying a Nano Cortex on launch day...thought it would be a cheaper entry into the Neural world...I could see if I liked it.

I do like a lot of the more distorted tones I was hearing from the QC, but I've been a Kemper player for 7 or 8 years at this point, and I am very happy with them (I own three).

So, since I only wanted the Nano for recording (in live situations I'm more than happy with the Kemper gear)...I ended up using mine a little weird.

I put the Nano (along with my Eventide H9) in the stereo Effects Loop and put that into the 4th Stomp slot, with a Compressor, WAH, and Univibe in the first 3 Stomp slots. I have the Stack section off. Then in the Effects slots I have a Chorus or Tremolo, 2 different delays, and a Plate reverb.

I'm not using the delay or reverb on the Nano, but I do occasionally use it's chorus as well as it's Noise Gate (which seems very good) and the Transpose.

I also created a preset in the Nano that is basically nothing, so it just passes signal...that way I can still use the H9 behind it in the loop when I'm using my regular Kemper profiles.

Obviously, I wouldn't use a setup like this gigging but for recording it is nice. I did a small recording session over the weekend and it all worked out very well.

There are some really good tones in the Nano, and with this setup I'm not really limited by the Nano's fixed signal chain since I can put effects before and after it in the Kemper. It's scratched the Quad Cortex itch I had up to this point, and saved me the extra cost of a QC.