The Player's delay time detection

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi there,

is it possible to switch off the automatic delay time detection in the Player? It drives me crazy.

I couldn't find any button in the rig manager to switch it off - but I very much hope it is possible.

Kind regards, M.

• Mannemer Do you refer to the Beat Scanner? It is not available on the Profiler Player.

Thank you so much for the fast reply.

There is definitely a tempo detection in the delays of my Player unit, in all three delay types. The delay tempo adjusts to my playing tempo and when I change that the delay tempo changes too. Shall I send you a recorded example?

• If you would use another PROFILER model, I would speculate, that you might accidentally activate Beat Scanner e.g. with an external switch with wrong polarity (normally closed) or unintended MIDI comands. Only while Beat Scanner is active the PROFILER detects tempo from your playing. And the Player doesn't have it.

Is other gear involved sending MIDI Clock? The Player follows MIDI Clock.

• Hi there,

is it possible to switch off the automatic delay time detection in the Player? It drives me crazy.

I couldn't find any button in the rig manager to switch it off - but I very much hope it is possible.

Kind regards, M.

There's no beat scanner on the Player. You may be seeing global tap tempo at work though. What are your delay time settings set to? ms or tempo (1/2, 1/8, 1/16, etc...)?

• If you would use another PROFILER model, I would speculate, that you might accidentally activate Beat Scanner e.g. with an external switch with wrong polarity (normally closed) or unintended MIDI comands. Only while Beat Scanner is active the PROFILER detects tempo from your playing. And the Player doesn't have it.

Is other gear involved sending MIDI Clock? The Player follows MIDI Clock.

Thank you Burkhard and everyone else for immediate reply. Strangely, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem yesterday, even though I experienced this already twice on different nights. I will keep paying attention. Maybe I am just hallucinating naturally. The player sounds great and I can hardly await new features.