• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi ! Sorry I’m a bit lost in the forum and the manual, but has anyone found if there is a « presence knob » ?

I don’t find the way to set the presence other than going in the menu, which is a real pain on gigs, rehearsals or even at home… what did I miss ?

Thank you all and sorry if the answer seems obvious 😅 but I really searched hard, I swear !

• The general idea is that you should have your sound pretty well dialled in and saved before getting to a gig. Therefore, the basic treble, middle and bass controls should be enough for minor tweakson the fly. While it might be nice to have quick access to the presence control too the player obviously has limited physical space available so some things have to be compromised and relegated to the editing app out of necessity. We can all argue about whether the decisions the designers made are the optimal ones for us personally but I think in her they did angreat job of making a lot of functionality instantly available on the fly in such amsmall package.

• The general idea is that you should have your sound pretty well dialled in and saved before getting to a gig. Therefore, the basic treble, middle and bass controls should be enough for minor tweakson the fly. While it might be nice to have quick access to the presence control too the player obviously has limited physical space available so some things have to be compromised and relegated to the editing app out of necessity. We can all argue about whether the decisions the designers made are the optimal ones for us personally but I think in her they did angreat job of making a lot of functionality instantly available on the fly in such amsmall package.

Indeed, given that I use almost only Rig Manager to create sounds, I would prefer to have the high and low cut available on the fly for rehearsals and live. Maybe also the Phones Space. But this is just my opinion. As you said they needed to make some decision to find the best fit for everyone, and they did a great job! 😁

• DonPetersen August 24, 2024 at 11:00 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Presence knob please !” to “Presence knob please”.