No headphone sound coming out of interface (Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

So, I've got a new interface. (Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD)

Problem now is, that I'm not able to hear my Kemper (powered head) to sound through my headphones on my audio interface. (MP3's etc. from PC work fine, just not hearing my Kemper)

I tried plugging the main outs into the 2 inserts on the rear of the interface, but they only seem to work with the designated inputs out on the front of the interface... (From a video I've seen)

I used to be able to do this with my old Line 6 UX2, simply by connecting:

Kemper Main Outs - into UX2 Line Inputs

And my monitors - into UX2 Analog Outs

Can anybody get help with this... 🙏 (I'm still a noob with this stuff) 😂

Below how I have my connections currently:

• According to your drawing you are wired Kemper out to the interface XLR outs. Your interface has 2 sets of outputs, XLR, and 1/4. You are useing both.

Inputs are to the right.

Disclaimer, I am not familiar with that interface, just looking at your pic.

Edited once, last by mnmountainbiker: Bad spelling (August 15, 2024 at 12:48 AM).

• In your picture, you are connecting the outputs of the Kemper to the Main Outputs of the U-Phoria. You need to connect the Kemper Outs to Inputs on U-Phoria, not Outputs.

I agree. Use the other xlr input of the front of your audio interface.

And I think you need a DAW software like reaper to mix your input signal.

• According to your drawing you are wired Kemper out to the interface XLR outs. Your interface has 2 sets of outputs, XLR, and 1/4. You are useing both.

Inputs are to the right.

Disclaimer, I am not familiar with that interface, just looking at your pic.

Already tried that. (And just tried again)

Kemper Main Outs (XLR) - into Inserts on the rear of the interface, nothing coming out of my monitors...

• In your picture, you are connecting the outputs of the Kemper to the Main Outputs of the U-Phoria. You need to connect the Kemper Outs to Inputs on U-Phoria, not Outputs.

Already tried that. (And just tried again)

Kemper Main Outs (XLR) - into Input 1&2 on the front of the interface, (XLR output, into jack inputs) nothing coming out of my monitors... (Turned both the gain knobs up, Line level)

Also tried connecting them into Inserts on the rear of the interface, nothing...

• Try Kemper jack output l/r into input jacks on the front of your interface. The inserts are not input sockets.

Then play something. Do anything light up on either the interface or in the software mixer of the interface?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• As long as your Inputs to outputs are right (Kemper outputs to interface inputs, Interface outputs to powered monitor inputs) then you are connected correctly.

Try headphones from the Kemper just to make sure you are hearing your Kemper rigs. You could even try the Kemper Outputs directly to the Monitor inputs (bypassing the interface altogether) just to see if the Kemper and Monitors are both working normally. Keep the monitor volumes down at first in case you might have them full up.

If all that worked, maybe try interface headphones to see if that gets there. If not, you should be contacting Behringer support/looking in the User Guide for the interface to see if there are some specific settings you need to make there.

• Try Kemper jack output l/r into input jacks on the front of your interface. The inserts are not input sockets.

Then play something. Do anything light up on either the interface or in the software mixer of the interface?

It works now!!! :)

I put 2 XLR (male/female) from Kemper outputs - into the 2 Inputs on the Behringer.

Turns out, it was the mix button that was messing with it. (turned all the way up on the interface) 🤨

• I have the UMC404HD

XLR's from back of Kemper go to Front side channel 1 and 2.

Monitors are connected like in your picture to main out A and B jack

Mix is set to 12 'o clock (middle between IN and PB) to hear both computer audio (YT) and kemper

Edited once, last by 2004Billy (August 15, 2024 at 10:03 PM).

• I have the UMC404HD

XLR's from back of Kemper go to Front side channel 1 and 2.

Monitors are connected like in your picture to main out A and B jack

Mix is set to 12 'o clock (middle between IN and PB) to hear both computer audio (YT) and kemper

Yes! (Thank you) I got it working that way! 😁

Couldn't get it working because of the 'mix' knob being all the way up.