toggle switch emulation

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi I'd like to emulate a toggle switch from a guitar with the volume of a pickup down to zero.

Basicely the volume needs to drop to 0 while pushing a button or with morph ? Engaging the tuner seems odd to do

Any suggestions ?

thx Raf

ps : for bulls on parade from RATM cover ;)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• it does work but I the sound is coming back to slow ... not really cut-off that way ... both values at 0 ... volume -95dB

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Set the Volume pedal location to output. Morph rise/fall to zero, momentary.

Maybe that works as desired.

no difference, maybe it's just to fast the intermittent pushes ...

• If you don't like to mod your guitar with a kill switch ,
    try this
    https://www.amazon.com/DAddario-Guitar-Cable-Corrosion-Resistance/dp/B000VYE0UG/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• How about a hard tremolo effect? Of course, this only works for switching of the same time interval. Otherwise, maybe hang an analog breaker switch in the loop? Then you have the best feeling ;)

Edited once, last by elfredo (August 1, 2024 at 6:07 PM).

• Just wait for the new FX comming up maybe at X-MAS :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• TBH I think you will struggle without a toggle or killswitch. Its like a whammy pedal will never sound like a whammy bar (IMO).

For rage its the opposite of a killswitch because you start off and toggle on, whereas a killswitch tends to do the opposite.

I've always used a Les Paul type guitar, wired to kill if neck pickup volume off in the centre position...

• I actually have that d'addario cable ... although live I have wireless pluged in ... maybe I need to figure this out

Awesome idea :)

No idea why I didn't come up with this myself :p

Raf

• I actually have that d'addario cable ... although live I have wireless pluged in ... maybe I need to figure this out

Awesome idea :)

No idea why I didn't come up with this myself :p

Raf

I think you will find it hard to switch on and off fast enough (because it clicks on and clicks off) , but give it a go. Hope you do get it sorted though.