Best Cables for Expression Pedals on Kemper Stage?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on what kind of cables work best for the expression pedals on the Kemper Stage. I was initially planning to get pancake or square plugs, but I've noticed that the input jacks on the Stage are quite close together. I'm worried that this might make it difficult to unplug the pedals, so I'm considering whether straight plugs might be a better option.

The thing is, I don't want to put together a pedalboard with the expression pedals, which means I'll be constantly connecting and disconnecting them. Straight plugs seem more practical for this purpose, but they look a bit awkward and I fear they might be more vulnerable to being stepped on.

What kind of plugs have you found work best in this situation? I suppose I could just buy a bunch of different types and see what works, but I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has already figured this out.

For reference, I have the Kemper Profiler Stage and two Mission Engineering expression pedals: the EP1-KP with the switch and a spring-loaded EP25K. So, I need two TRS cables and one TS cable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Hello,

I only use 2 pedals for the moment ; a mission EP1 for wah and a moog EP for volume (i've got 2 other moog ones for Morph and pitch, but don't use them for the moment). I don't fear about step on cause there's a minimal distance with the crowd when we play. The matter could arrive during installation...I've never met any problem for the moment.

I've bought a batch of straight TRS cable on Thomann website. 60cm, it works great. Maybe 60cm for some is two shorts for 4 pedals....

The only problem is that Mission's inputs are located on the side, so, straight cables are not convenient, you have to take away the pedal....

I was about to buy some square or pancake jacks too for the tidy and security (for the guitar plug and the monitor output too) but haven't done the jump for the moment....

I assume that it will be a little bit trickier to plug 4 square jacks cause we have to orientate them and take care if we use midi or spidif....But not impossible.

• I just use generic straight 1/4 inch TRS 60cm but bought a couple of right angle adapters, job done.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.