Kemper Player Questions

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi folks the next shipment of kemper players is due in this week - i intend to order one but i have some questions i haven't found straight forward answers too yet, so im hoping for some help here :)

I understand the player has FX slots in after the amp and cab but im quite committed to sticking with my whitewhale and analog delay.

1) Would i therefore just place them directly after the player and they behave as if in an effects loop?
    2) The kemper L&R outputs are balanced and stereo so is it okay to come out of just the L and into a mono unbalanced input of the next pedal?

3) I would then need a D.I box at the end of the chain to send the completed rig tones to FOH/Recorder?

Once i understand this with no doubts ill look forward to getting one. Thanks

• If you need to include the delay then a DI box might be useful to convert to an XLR output.

TBH I would try it with the delay in the front first. also not sure why people stick with pedals, the KPA will do 90% of what a pedal can do with a thousand times more additional options....

• If you need to include the delay then a DI box might be useful to convert to an XLR output.

TBH I would try it with the delay in the front first. also not sure why people stick with pedals, the KPA will do 90% of what a pedal can do with a thousand times more additional options....

With the Player's limited choices compared to the full-size units, I can see the desire to use outboard gear. From a delay perspective, it's only got single, two-tap and legacy types available. No Kemper Drive or Fuzz, etc.

• With the Player's limited choices compared to the full-size units, I can see the desire to use outboard gear. From a delay perspective, it's only got single, two-tap and legacy types available. No Kemper Drive or Fuzz, etc.

Ah, yes, very true... Im not in the player mindset yet :)

For me its because when youve been through so many pedals/multi FX etc - when you find one you really like i would prefer to intergrate it then have to move away from it - regardless of the benefits that are obvious :)

• Still waiting on the shipment landing but to sum up my questions is this right:

1) Would i therefore just place them directly after the player and they behave as if in an effects loop? YES
    2) The kemper L&R outputs are balanced and stereo so is it okay to come out of just the L and into a mono unbalanced input of the next pedal? TS MONO IS FINE BUT NEED TO SET TO MONO IN SETTINGS

3) I would then need a D.I box at the end of the chain to send the completed rig tones to FOH/Recorder? IF YOU WANT PEDALS AFTER THE KEMPER THEN A DI BOX IS REQUIRED AT THE END OF CHAIN

• 1) Would i therefore just place them directly after the player and they behave as if in an effects loop? YES

Not exactly : modulations Fxs on modelers (or DAW) are placed (to the maximum) at the end of the chain ; meaning after the amp and speaker block.

Fx loop on an actual amp places the same FXs between pre-amp and amp.

There are few modelers that allow to have the same configuration cause few purpose separately pre-amp AND amp model in different blocks....

• Why do you advice to put the delay in front of the player ?

The sound is not the same as post-amp... Or i misunderstood what you mean ?!

Sometimes pre-amp delay gives good results but i prefer it 3/4 of times post...

I agree it sounds different but I've often done this on a regular amps and I think people get overly fussy about running modulation effects through an effects loop/post amp. Back in the day when effects loops were less available this was normal :)

• Not exactly : modulations Fxs on modelers (or DAW) are placed (to the maximum) at the end of the chain ; meaning after the amp and speaker block.

Fx loop on an actual amp places the same FXs between pre-amp and amp.

There are few modelers that allow to have the same configuration cause few purpose separately pre-amp AND amp model in different blocks....

Yes i just mean they would behave the same as in, Not get all distorted and jumbled the way they can upfront.