Player switching options

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

For the first time in 10 years, my Power rack failed at a gig. Luckily I had my back up Blackstar Amped 3. Unluckily it sounded pants...

So I bought a player....and it does of course have the Kemper sound.

However, one of the limitations is switching through the banks and slots. I have a kemper dual switch which works great but also means it uses up the pedal input so can;t use an expression pedal.

I have looked at midi switching but they are either expensive or limited in the allocation of slots.

How are others doing it? I want to use it in a similar way to the remote if possible but If ended up allocating the 5 switches ( 3 on player, 2 on extension switch) and going with a external wah and will select banks and tuner manually.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't be an issue if there had been 2 pedal connections :( ...perhaps Kemper could release a midi switcher...

• I have a player and the Stage.

For the moment, i've never used the Player live or at rehearsal and wait for all Kemper's features to have homogeneous rigs on all units.

But i'm looking for having more switches to change stuffs quicker.... I don't want to waste a lot of money in this device.... I don't want to waste a lot of time in midi programming too....

For me, the "M-vave chocolate" and mainly "PaintAudio Captain mini 6 controller" (cause 6 switches with a default program that fits to my needs, nothing to do, just plug and play) are the solution i keep in mind for the moment.

Both units don't have pedal inputs if you want to add other pedals.....

• I have a player and the Stage.

For the moment, i've never used the Player live or at rehearsal and wait for all Kemper's features to have homogeneous rigs on all units.

But i'm looking for having more switches to change stuffs quicker.... I don't want to waste a lot of money in this device.... I don't want to waste a lot of time in midi programming too....

For me, the "M-vave chocolate" and mainly "PaintAudio Captain mini 6 controller" (cause 6 switches with a default program that fits to my needs, nothing to do, just plug and play) are the solution i keep in mind for the moment.

Both units don't have pedal inputs if you want to add other pedals.....

I think the M-Vave Chocolate does have a pedal input.

• I use the "PaintAudio MIDI Captain STD version Foot Controller with 10 switches". $159.00 USD

You can download a special firmware for the KPP; here the description from the paintaudio Website:

"This is a firmware package specifically designed to control the KPP. It communicates bidirectionally with the KPP through a USB connection, allowing it to retrieve the Rig Name and synchronize module states. Additionally, the firmware features consistent LED lighting effects with the KPP."

With this firmware you can direct switch: Four effects; Tap and five rigs (One bank). And with long press bank up or down.

• I use the "PaintAudio MIDI Captain STD version Foot Controller with 10 switches". $159.00 USD

You can download a special firmware for the KPP; here the description from the paintaudio Website:

"This is a firmware package specifically designed to control the KPP. It communicates bidirectionally with the KPP through a USB connection, allowing it to retrieve the Rig Name and synchronize module states. Additionally, the firmware features consistent LED lighting effects with the KPP."

With this firmware you can direct switch: Four effects; Tap and five rigs (One bank). And with long press bank up or down.

Ohhhh that sounds cool

• i have the paint audio midi cap std too. A great unit for the price and has flexible functionality. Not yet convinced with the KPP mode as it requires press+hold for moving banks which is not practical during a live show. However the super/geerk mode works nicely.

see here:

I also had the mvave unit too. Great for very basic use but the downside is that it works in banks of four whereas the kemper is grouped in banks of five. but quite neat and compact and relatively cheap.

• I'm kicking myself a little because I bought a separate Wah and actually for a similar price this thing does 99% of what I want, especially as it has inputs for experssion pedals.

Thank you so much Slateboy for the info, VERY informative.

• I’m using a Voes MX-12 (3x4) midi-controller. Very easy setup, works very well. At the moment I’m using it with a Stage, but planning to buy a Player as backup. If that works fine, I’ll buy a second Player to have two identical setups, one main setup and a backup. The 12 buttons + iPad control make it more than enough for me.