Pirate MIDI and the Player

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi everyone. Recently got a Pirate MIDI Bridge4 to use with my Player and my Strymon Sunset. I've been able to dial in sending commands to the Sunset successfully, but not so much with the Kemper. I've been trying to use Pirate's device library, which has the Kemper Profiler and is supposed to work with the Player as well. But the commands don't exactly line up with the Player, and i'm not having success. Has anyone else given this a go?

I'm trying to change between rigs 1, 2, and 3, as well as to toggle on and of FX 1 and 2 and delay.

• Hi everyone. Recently got a Pirate MIDI Bridge4 to use with my Player and my Strymon Sunset. I've been able to dial in sending commands to the Sunset successfully, but not so much with the Kemper. I've been trying to use Pirate's device library, which has the Kemper Profiler and is supposed to work with the Player as well. But the commands don't exactly line up with the Player, and i'm not having success. Has anyone else given this a go?

I'm trying to change between rigs 1, 2, and 3, as well as to toggle on and of FX 1 and 2 and delay.

Have you set the midi channels for both devices ? how are connected to the player midi wise ? usb ? 5 pin din ? usb midi adapter ?

• Official Post

You can load any of the 50 Rigs store in the Player sending a simple program change # 1-50.

You cannot trigger FX1 and FX2 via MIDI, which are no effects in itself. FX 1/2 are assigned to effect modules by Rig and you can toggle those directly via MIDI control changes e.g. CC#17 toggles module A and CC# 18 toggles module B. Module DLY can be toggled with CC# 27 (with spillover) and CC #38 (without spillover).

You can also trigger the Effect Buttons I-IIII via MIDI. These are virtual effect switches, which can be assigned by Rig (similar like FX1/FX2). But these have wider capabilities: These can toggle multiple modules, and these can trigger Action&Freese functions like Rotary Speaker Speed. The Effect Buttons are triggered with CC# 75-78.

All this information can be found in the Player's Main Manual chapter MIDI.

• You can load any of the 50 Rigs store in the Player sending a simple program change # 1-50.

You cannot trigger FX1 and FX2 via MIDI, which are no effects in itself. FX 1/2 are assigned to effect modules by Rig and you can toggle those directly via MIDI control changes e.g. CC#17 toggles module A and CC# 18 toggles module B. Module DLY can be toggled with CC# 27 (with spillover) and CC #38 (without spillover).

You can also trigger the Effect Buttons I-IIII via MIDI. These are virtual effect switches, which can be assigned by Rig (similar like FX1/FX2). But these have wider capabilities: These can toggle multiple modules, and these can trigger Action&Freese functions like Rotary Speaker Speed. The Effect Buttons are triggered with CC# 75-78.

All this information can be found in the Player's Main Manual chapter MIDI.

Hey Buckard, I need some help. I would like to turn on the delay and reverb at the same time, can I do it via Effect Buttons???

• Hold down the footswitch that you want to assign the delay to then tap delay button. Do the same again with the reverb. Both will be assigned. If yo also want to add a boost or something else too just repeat the process.

Even better than that. If you want to toggle between two effects rather than turn them both on and off just save the rig with both assigned as above but the status of one fx on and on off. Now pressing the footswitch will just flip back and forward betwee the two fx.