Looking for organ sound profile or tips to create it

• Hi there,

Usually I play to old rock heroes but I want to try something different like J. S. Bach - Toccata in D Minor with an E-Guitar. Hence, I'm looking for an organ sound for my guitar and wonder, if anybody has any experience with that kind of sound and can give me tips.

Till now, I learned, that a EH HOG and Leslie could help.

Thank you

• Have you looked at the Electro Harmonix B9 or C9 pedals? There are YouTube videos that demonstrate how they sound.

You might coax out of the Kemper effects to somewhat simulate an organ, but I don't think you'll find anything very satisfying.

• I put some organ-ish sound experiments in Rig Exchange awhile ago:

Touch Speed Rotary 2 (the below sound clip is using separate fast and a slow Rigs, instead of this one that changes speed by touch)

Surf Organ 1

VoxContinOrg

If you search for my user name in Rig Manager, you will find some other sounds, too.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is the Bill Ruppert free rig pack.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Use a pitch shifter(s). In a different multifx modelling device I add a -12 and a +12 to get a basic organ sound. You can add +5 -7 to fatten it. Some phaser or swirling speaker can help give it some movement while reverb helps to smear out the sound. Using a Boss Slow Gear style fade in effect to remove the pick attack sound from the pitch shifted sounds helps alot.

The EHX Hog2 is very good at making organ sounds.