• After a good few months of tweaking on the stage profiler with my Godin grand concert nylon, importing IRs into the cab block, no amp, getting a not so convincing reproduction, I decided to try a Fm3 with the same IRs. Much better! Very natural sounding by far!.. but I struggled getting my electronic cleans and overdrives with the Fm3, I wasn't getting the same feel and the way the Fractal responds. And the Kemper has way more headroom. With the Fm3, I had to push my FRFR and the Fm3 to its limits..not good..I got this idea that maybe I could incorporate a Tonex 1 with a acoustic IR in the efx loop of the Stage..BINGO! with no amp or cab block just a booster, graphic EQ, a little compression, reverb, delay...just wondering if anybody has ever tried this?

Edited 2 times, last by sixstring12 (June 26, 2024 at 10:31 PM).

• May have something to do with the way Kemper converts the IR to cab. A while back I had put in a feature request for an IR loader effect, to use any IR but not in the Cab module. But it didn't get a lot of traction.

I can suggest one thing that I find using 3Sigma acoustic IR's with a few piezo guitars - on the cab module set the Pure Cabinet to 10 and the Character to +5. For me, they seem to lose the phasey quality and bring back some brightness that seemed missing.

• I suppose you talk about acoustic guitar IR ? To turn your guitar sound into another one ?!

It's strange you don't use an amp in your chain ?!

I had a variax and a Helix before my Kemper Stage and i used to put a neutral pre-amp in the chain to increase sound volume as you amplify a traditionnal guitar.

I've taken some acoustic rigs on the forum and it includes an acoustic amp & speaker....

I didn't try them a lot.... Now, i use the acoustic simulator in the chain and there's no amp&cab but i've seen TJ rig ; there are 2 EQs to obtain more volume.

Maybe your problem is there.