Morphing & MIDI

• Hi all, I have a MIDI controller (Morningstar MC6Pro) and a Power Head. Once my Performance and Slot is selected I want to be able to programme it so the buttons work with morphing the same way as my Stage works:

1. 1st press (to select the specific slot) will be in the first morph state.

2. 2nd press of the same MIDI controller button with move to the second morph state (Most probably on my MIDI controller it will be a "Long Press"?)

3. subsequent press of the same controller button will return to the first morph state.

So I understand MIDI CC #80 is the correct one to use, bit lost after that. Just wondering if anyone else has a solution per above?

• There are three optional aproaches:

1. CC#80 toggles between base sound and morph sound, but doesn't load any Slots. It'S just dedicated to Morphing.

Morph Button (value 1-127 triggers ramp from Base Sound to Morph Sound according to selected Rise Time; value 0 closes transaction; next value 1-127 triggers ramp from Morph Sound to Base Sound according to selected Fall Time; if option “Momentary” is selected, value 0 triggers immediate return to Base Sound)

2. CC#11 emulates a Morphing Pedal. Value 127 is toe position and morph sound. Value 0 is heel position and base sound. The ramps (Rise Time and Fall Time are not involved.

3. CC#50-54 offer the combination that you are looking for. For example the first CC#50 loads Slot 1 of the current Performance with its base sound. Subsequent CC#50s will now toggle into morph sound, then back into base sound and so on. CC#51-54 will load one of the other four Slots of the Performance and subsequently trigger their Morphing. The controller should send any value 1-127 when button gets hit and value 0 when it gets released. Here you need five buttons to load and morph all five Slots of a Performance.

• Thank you Burkhard!

CC#50-54 seems to work well with Toggle Mode on the MC6Pro. I can also configure a different name and colour if I want on the button if I choose when the preset enters state 2 (morph). One key takeaway is to also remember to add a Clear Toggle States on Disengage message. That way when I move to another preset/button within the MC6Pro bank it doesn't matter what state I have left the morph preset in (state 1 or 2), as it will always return to the default state being 1 (morph off) when I go back to it,

Funny how things work out... I spent most of the day trying unsuccessfully to work it out. I stopped in frustration around 6pm, had a glass of wine while I read your post Burkhard, and now its all sorted!

Cheers. :)

Edited once, last by Sheeny (March 10, 2024 at 12:35 PM).

• This thread helped me solve a problem where the Morph CC# isn't in the manual anywhere I could find, at least not in the MIDI section. This allows me to load a Performance Bank (03), then Slot (05), then set the Morph to on (80) for the app I'm using (StageTraxx3):

[midi@00:00.00: CC47.02@2]
    [midi@00:00.00: CC54.01@2]
    [midi@00:00.00: CC80.01@2]